• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The real proplem with these groups is if tshtf they could turn into a well armed band of looters that feel they have the moral high ground to take what they want.

Oh ya now when things are ok they like to give platitudes on how they will be there to rebuild and help. I truly believe they will get to the point that taking what they want will be for "the common good" so that they can help more people.

That is the vibe I got from the Florida and Indiana groups. Not so much from the Arizona guys. But I could see them coming in and 'collecting' weapons and ammo for militia purposes, and dictating that if you want to keep your gat you have to join them. Something like King George's press gangs.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Nope NO hard feelings at all. We all live in America do we not...Freedom of Speech and to practice such Freedom (for the time being) as pertaining to most of the comments....We do practice as many of you have said. the alternate forms of heat, the going off grid so to speak, some of us have already implemented alternative ways to live such as solar energy, growing foods, food storage and prep, water containment, etc, etc etc......We are not NUT jobs out to take over the world or the local government.. We just want to survive....and in any group, life, situation there is order. Even in the animal world there is a pecking order, so we picked up the military ranking structure as many others have. We get together we train, we discuss many political aspects of our lives, Hence the term WATCHMEN. We WATCH our world, we Watch our government throw our livelyhood down the drain, we WATCH others and learn, we WATCH out for one another. I am estatic to see so many have taught their families to live and to survive but, would it not be better to survive with a group of like minded folks that learn and train together for the same cause and effect that we would like to see happen with our lives and for our children...Sorry once again if I have offended each other did not mean for this to be a discussion group this was merely to let folks know we are out here and were to find us for information purposes only............Thank you one and all and God Bless

Thank You for the information. In our mutual support groups we have no pecking order...we are all on our way or already self reliant...we learn from each and will help each other out when we can..I would never ever be in a group where someone thought they were in charge of me. I spent 26 years as a Navy wife...I cussed out many high ranking officers who thought they out ranked me, just because they out ranked my hubby.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

What she said. If I can protect me and mine, I am also prepared to protect you and yours. We can be New Colonialists. Survive together OR alone, but survive. Start America all over again.
    Thank You for the information. In our mutual support groups we have no pecking order...we are all on our way or already self reliant...we learn from each and will help each other out when we can..I would never ever be in a group where someone thought they were in charge of me. I spent 26 years as a Navy wife...I cussed out many high ranking officers who thought they out ranked me, just because they out ranked my hubby.

Keg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012

Hear hear. Why would I trade a tyrant in DC for a tyrant in Butler IN. Paraphrasing Benjamin Martin in the movie "The Patriot". Especially a tub of guts like the Indiana watchman "commander". I have a feeling all the delicious cans of hormel chili I have in my pantry would go to this rascal as a membership tax during tough times ahead.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hear hear. Why would I trade a tyrant in DC for a tyrant in Butler IN. Paraphrasing Benjamin Martin in the movie "The Patriot". Especially a tub of guts like the Indiana watchman "commander". I have a feeling all the delicious cans of hormel chili I have in my pantry would go to this rascal as a membership tax during tough times ahead.

I've said it before....

The guy that wants to be in charge in a situation like that is the first MF'er to go.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I've said it before....

The guy that wants to be in charge in a situation like that is the first MF'er to go.

+1......and unfortunately, there are going to be a few MF'ers that are going to have to go first.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I've said it before....

Thats exactly what I have said! My father in law says I am in charge at our place since we have done most of the prepping, however I told him I dont want to be in charge, everyone will have an equal vote on things and since the rules have already been set by all involved as well as punishments we see fit it should not be a problem. It should be a true democracy but if it comes down to it the wife or I will have the final say if in grid lock.

Keg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    I've said it before....

Maybe not the first MF'er to go but 1st MF'er that needs to go. Really incredible that he is shocked that he gets grief while trying to recruit in a prepper forum. We tend to be independant people that's why we prepare. We are not sheeple and take soul responsibility for our lives. Why in the hell would we sign up to be bossed by some half-assed tin-pot that gets to be in charge cause some "group" asked him to be?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The read that the SCOTUS ruled that PRIVATE militias are NOT constitutional (a case from chicago around 1890). Nothing there to prevent a group to go and informally train together and decide to regroup at bob's place if SHTF, but 'bob' isn't the colonel either.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The read that the SCOTUS ruled that PRIVATE militias are NOT constitutional (a case from chicago around 1890). Nothing there to prevent a group to go and informally train together and decide to regroup at bob's place if SHTF, but 'bob' isn't the colonel either.

I thought Heller confirmed that the term Militia "included both the federally-organized militia and the citizen-organized militias of the several states"

Edit:
    (1) The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53. (a) The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2–22. (b) The prefatory clause comports with the Court’s interpretation of the operative clause. The “militia” comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens’ militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens’ militia would be preserved. Pp. 22–28. (c) The Court’s interpretation is confirmed by analogous arms-bearing rights in state constitutions that preceded and immediately followed the Second Amendment. Pp. 28–30. (d) The Second Amendment’s drafting history, while of dubious interpretive worth, reveals three state Second Amendment proposals that unequivocally referred to an individual right to bear arms. Pp. 30–32. (e) Interpretation of the Second Amendment by scholars, courts and legislators, from immediately after its ratification through the late 19th century also supports the Court’s conclusion. Pp. 32–47. (f) None of the Court’s precedents forecloses the Court’s interpretation. Neither United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U. S. 542 , nor Presser v. Illinois, 116 U. S. 252 , refutes the individual-rights interpretation. United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174 , does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes. Pp. 47–54.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I thought Heller confirmed that the term Militia "included both the federally-organized militia and the citizen-organized militias of the several states"

Edit:

It would be nice if original intent would be law, but unfortunately has been largely replaced with that of judicial opinion.

It provides context to the decision, but is largely unbinding dicta.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If the SCOTUS only allowed governmentally-backed militias, then the 2A doesn't guarantee any rights to the PEOPLE, but only to the government. Which by definition has powers but no rights.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Having met you I do believe this to be true. Being a prepper of sorts I am only in charge of those who may care to listen and want something to eat, a safe warm and dry place to sleep and an umbrella of protection. Even then I am not "In charge" of anyone save myself.
    I see our MSG groups in the same way. We will support as a group but maintain our individualism as long as we can depending on the circumstances.
    The group I have chosen to be a part of is based west of me outside the city. A great bunch of folks who I do believe to be responsible and trust worthy. There is not much in my area in the way of support.
    As to militia, I know many who participate. I have been to a few of their gatherings just for a shoot or drills. Not bad folks just like minded and feel the need to form such groups in troubled times. Look around you and if you are clear eyed and loose the blinders it will become crystal clear that our world is a mess right now. Youth gangs with no regard for life. Meth heads running amok and doing home invasions. Carreer criminals doing what they see to be normal...stealing, killing etc. There is a drug sub-culture in this country. These bottom feeders are growing in number and will, if un-checked, over whelm us.
    I see the reasons why folks want a militia over an MSG. Is it right, don't know. Do I agree with the mind set, Yes, in a way. Will I participate....No. General dip-stick will not call the shots over me.

Cookie, see ya soon.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom