• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Personaly think its a bit excessive. And what a brilliant idea to advertise stockpiles of food with no means to defend it to the rest of the world.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Watched it on TV the other night. Grandson looked over at me and said "She's out of her freakin' mind!!" I asked him why he thought so and we had a 2 hour discussion on what to prep and how. For a 17 year old, he's got his act together, I'll say that for him.

The more we watched, the more mistakes he pointed out that they were making. Brought a tear to my eye. :)

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    we were watching and just started.....:lmfao: lets tell the world we have all this and have no way to defend it ..... :ugh: :lmfao: ................

129203025159440172.jpg

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    I will poison them or slit their throat while they sleep....ohhhh really?? Is that before or after they shoot you in the face? Oh you have a **** load of delicious goodies? Yeaaaah we'll take that and you're good looking women! Hahaha...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    They will feed the marauding bands of looters then feed the worms.

Oh well, at least there will be campire songs before the carnage

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqsW_noBIjQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    This is what happens when the lefter side of the world starts seeing the writing on the wall. Great intentions...extremely poor forethought!

standslanted

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    How can they call themselves doomsday preppers, but are not preparing? Now they are on TV, telling the world that they are not really prepared. WOW.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Saw that when it aired the other night. Sounds like a fantastic target of Opportunity to me. Especially now that they have advertised their idiocy to the world.

They don't believe in defending anything, and think that when they show another group how much food they have that they will just be happy to have a meal or two and be on their merry way.

*shakes head*
    I really don't understand some people.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The preparations done are good. Needs to add the ability to defend the fort. I appreciate knowing someone has my back, but I prefer that the someone is actually able to do something to protect my back.

Further, this would be much harder to do for someone living in the suburbs. I noticed this was a farm community. They apparently had endless room to store the goods, grow their food, etc. They must also have endless cash to pay the taxes on the land and buildings seen in that film. If I had the cash and the time to move to a secure location, I still would have to consider how much longer I will have the physical health to be able to maintain such a facility. Within the next ten years I will be more concerned with how I get the snow off the road to the mailbox than I am now. I can handle snow, mud, and various troubles on my own now, but in ten years, after age wears down the body, I will not be as rowdy as I am now.

Crap, if I was single, and the kids were on their own, I would head back to the jungles of Borneo now. There is still some raw jungle out there and the Dayaks are good people to those who stand with them. To this day, modern armies will not go there. They are afraid of the Dayaks' jungle skills. Of course, given time, a modern army can destroy the Dayaks' resistance, as the US Army did to the Apaches, but by the time that would happen I would be dead anyway. Malaria, dysentery, typhoid, tetanus, cholera, GI infections, parasites, and jealous husbands with poisoned-dart blowguns, or angry fathers serving coffee during negotiations—and a hundred other things put the American at risk in the Borneo jungles.

The whole prepping thing seems unrealistic. When the SHTF in this modern generation, we will be in a 1984 situation. Modern technology will not allow us to hide. Any large group must have a base of operations, a place to try to protect our women and children. Such installations will be found. Like bin Laden, folks can run for awhile, and live in caves like animals, but eventually, if the fools really want us, they will find us.

A wise man once said that when we see these things happening, we should look up because the end is coming. I think that will be a good thing.

mikeh53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    1) A group effort might not be a bad idea, but a hand picked selected provate like minded group, not a whole community. There would always be some who did nothing but still expected the benefis. There would likley be nothing left for maroding bad guys.

2) The strong survive, I may be 6-3 265 lb of big bad mustle, whe has a 5 year supply of provisions. a 135 lb crackhead with a 45 is stronger... Buy a 12 gage pump!

3) Live simple, put some back, keep it to your self, learn to live as self sufficent as possible in our world

4) place your trust in the only thing that is truly solid in this old world... Jesus and his word the bible.

mikeh53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    1) A group effort might not be a bad idea, but a hand picked selected provate like minded group, not a whole community. There would always be some who did nothing but still expected the benefis. There would likley be nothing left for maroding bad guys.

2) The strong survive, I may be 6-3 265 lb of big bad mustle, whe has a 5 year supply of provisions. a 135 lb crackhead with a 45 is stronger... Buy a 12 gage pump!

3) Live simple, put some back, keep it to your self, learn to live as self sufficent as possible in our world

4) place your trust in the only thing that is truly solid in this old world... Jesus and his word the bible.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow. Great people. Well intention-ed. I would love to have them as neighbors. Problem, they will be the first ones to be killed and eaten by the very band of marauders they spoke of. If the world tips over and S does HTF you will no longer be able to trust in the good nature of folks. That luxury will be gone. Prepare to see the absolute worst in folks as the non-prepared turn on good people such as those and destroy what they have worked so hard to build. After they have wrecked all of that they will move on to you and take all you have.
    I have wrote in these posts before. "If you have abundance of food and no ammo and I have ammo, I will soon have your food"
    I have received some ridicule over this from those in these threads who are of good heart and think as those folks in the video but it is a statement of fact. The "I" in that statement is not me personally. We are prepared to survive by any means. Both with food and arms. Those who are to lazy or stupid not to think ahead will become the Zombies we all use as satire. Folks will do what ever they have to when survival is at stake.

Chance favors the prepared mind.....or something like that

Top Bottom