• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Seriously? Whats the point of having laws if you just "make them up" to achieve the desired outcome?

Because the laws are wrong! Honest people should not be robbed and the criminal allowed to have the right to run free and commit further crimes. If someone runs from you, do you have the right to chase them down and apprehend them? Do you do that in order to stop them from committing further crimes? Yeah, I would change the law from penalizing the law abiding.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Because the laws are wrong! Honest people should not be robbed and the criminal allowed to have the right to run free and commit further crimes. If someone runs from you, do you have the right to chase them down and apprehend them? Do you do that in order to stop them from committing further crimes? Yeah, I would change the law from penalizing the law abiding.

I have the right to apprehend them, not run them over with my car.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Devil's advocate:

OK, so minor difference. Call it an error in judgement. He meant to apprehend (trap him so LEO could cuff him) , not maim or cause permanent bodily injury/death.

Much like they plead down a murder to manslaughter... intent is the key.

So you are driving along in pursuit, overtaking the perp on foot and your intent is to cut him off so he slams himself into your fender, possibly leaving a face print on your hood at the worst. Instead the planets align and he ends up under your wheel. Should your nuts be in the sling? Yes, not exactly apples to apples. But I can see the intent of both yourself and the victim. (up until the victim yaps about how the perp deserved to die, etc)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

You can shoot them, run them over and anything else you believe to be necessary. I'm not trying to go wherever you are attempting to lead me, but I'm not totally ignorant of the the law. I was just conveying frustration with my statement.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You can shoot them, run them over and anything else you believe to be necessary. I'm not trying to go wherever you are attempting to lead me, but I'm not totally ignorant of the the law. I was just conveying frustration with my statement.
    I'm not trying to lead you anywhere. If you think what the victim did was perfectly ok, I have nothing else for you.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not trying to lead you anywhere. If you think what the victim did was perfectly ok, I have nothing else for you.

I'm tired of criminals getting away with taking advantage of honest people. If you can't infer frustration as simply that, I'm glad you have nothing else for me.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm tired of criminals getting away with taking advantage of honest people. If you can't infer frustration as simply that, I'm glad you have nothing else for me.

As am I. I've been frustrated a majority of the 21 years of my career because my hands are tied by law and policy. I still have to follow the law and policy even if it means someone deserving of me being judge, jury, and executioner gets away.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    As am I. I've been frustrated a majority of the 21 years of my career because my hands are tied by law and policy. I still have to follow the law and policy even if it means someone deserving of me being judge, jury, and executioner gets away.

Okay Frank. Stay safe out there.

Top Bottom