• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I'm a noob here and I've asked this in another thread, but isn't ordering ammo over the net a good option? Do most of you buy ammo at a store, or through the web? Just curious. I know no one is buying much of anything right now, but in normal conditions.

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    I'm a noob here and I've asked this in another thread, but isn't ordering ammo over the net a good option? Do most of you buy ammo at a store, or through the web? Just curious. I know no one is buying much of anything right now, but in normal conditions.

Ive definitely been able to find some superb deals on ammo online, for sure.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

To NumberCruncher,

I order a lot online only because most of the LGS and especially big box stores do not carry my C&R calibers in the quantities I buy.

That is not to say that there are no LGS's that do carry but most of my purchases have been online.

When ordering online you have to weigh in the S&H cost as well. So what may be at base price $0.24 per round ends up at $0.31 per round for surplus ammo.

Regards,

Doug

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    To NumberCruncher,

I order a lot online only because most of the LGS and especially big box stores do not carry my C&R calibers in the quantities I buy.

That is not to say that there are no LGS's that do carry but most of my purchases have been online.

When ordering online you have to weigh in the S&H cost as well. So what may be at base price $0.24 per round ends up at $0.31 per round for surplus ammo.

Regards,

Doug

targetsportsusa.com has free s&h

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I cant see any online deals that seem to be a deal.. I guess Im jaded by the 100rnd boxes of federal 180gr .40 from walmart for 28 bucks.

OF COURSE, thats when you could buy them...

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    From trying to work with Meijer and their policies, I wont even step foot in their stores anymore. Wal Mart for me lately one box at a time but at least they have the pre panic prices still.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Its a great option. Its about the only way I buy ammo. Just be sure to buy in bulk so the shipping costs don't overwhelm the bargain. Once you start ordering ammo 1,000-2,000 rounds at a time you'll find shipping is probably less than sales tax on a local purchase.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    To NumberCruncher,

Regards,

Doug

Thanks for that info

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Normally I buy Military Surplus ammo in bulk from the web. Ordering small quantities is not feasible due to shipping. I also bought a lot at Gun shows - not that prices warrant purchasing right now - If I need a box of 20 (or 3 or 4) I buy local. Also depends on the Caliber, I believe I have purchased all my 22Lr either locally, when on sale or at gun shows.

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    My local walmart has set days/times when theyve been getting various ammo in. Even if its a caliber I dont have, i'll buy it if they dont have something for me, because I can usually find someone to trade ammo with to get my desired caliber. But in the past 2 weeks, ive bought .22lr, .38special +p, 9mm, 40 s&w, 45 acp, 357mag and .380 at my local walmart....the 3 box limit per customer kinda sucks, but it keeps it available for mild amount of time. But im also not buying ammo to hoard...I usually shoot it pretty soon after buying it haha

Top Bottom