Was I out of line? Or did I did I get really bad customer service?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How should I respond to todays issue.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    OK, I know I'm among friends, so here it goes.
    I took our cat into be spayed this morning. No problem there. This afternoon I went to pick her up. So everyone waiting forms a line and I'm somewhere in the middle. I wait my turn and quickly realize that everyone at the front is getting the same speech.
    "You cat did fine, here are the things you should be concerned about over the next few days. bleeding etc." You get the picture. And the lady giving the speech was handing out a sheet of paper with basically what she was saying on it.
    Now here comes the question, with just a bit more setup. Bearing in mind that I've now heard the speech several times and can give the speech right along with the window. I have my smart phone out in hand as I approach the window. In truth I was glancing at INGO. Yes I'm addicted how about you? Anyway the lady is giving her speech and I'm still glancing at INGO. She stops mid sentence and says, "Sir I'm going to need you to look at me while I'm talking to you." that's verbatim what she said and I don't think I'm making it up when I say she had attitude in her voice when she said it. (I wasn't fiddling with the phone, pushing buttons or whatever, just glancing down.)
    I looked up at her and said, " Do not talk condescending to me." I admit, probably with attitude.
    She goes back to giving her speech and I'm continuing to glance at INGO.
    She stops again mid sentence and she says, "I'm just going to wait until you make eye contact before I continue."
    Ok, I realize that what I was doing was rude I get that, and if you want to pile for that I'll the blame on that, but in I out of line to say the lady was way over the top? In my mind you don't get to turn on rude to a customer who may be rude to you. (Qualify that by saying if a customer is so over the top maybe then.)
    So I call them tomorrow to express my opinion or do I suck it up and say I was too rude and deserved what I got?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think you both were a little out of line. She obviously takes her job seriously and cares for your animal and was trying to make sure you understood the post op instructions. She probably deals with people playing with their phones all the time and gets tired of it. I have had to give post op instructions to adults before who didn't listen and would end up calling back with stupid questions that were clearly covered had they only listened. You said there was a long line and she had to give the same instructions repeatedly. She probably gets tired of people not listening to something she is obligated to do. Just take care of the kitty and let it go. Better yet call her up and tell her you appreciated the care she showed for your cat and apologize for your inattention to her instructions. Just IMHO....

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I voted for the slap you one but I am sure she gets a lot of people that don't pay attentione when she is trying to tell owners of patients things then they have something happen and call up yelling..........I know I get annoyed when I am talking to someone and they are messing with their phone...

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think you both were a little out of line. She obviously takes her job seriously and cares for your animal and was trying to make sure you understood the post op instructions. She probably deals with people playing with their phones all the time and gets tired of it. I have had to give post op instructions to adults before who didn't listen and would end up calling back with stupid questions that were clearly covered had they only listened. You said there was a long line and she had to give the same instructions repeatedly. She probably gets tired of people not listening to something she is obligated to do. Just take care of the kitty and let it go. Better yet call her up and tell her you appreciated the care she showed for your cat and apologize for your inattention to her instructions. Just IMHO....

:+1: Well writen response.

Be first to apologize, it would probably make her day. It's all about Karma.

These are people that take care of our pets, which are for some of us, are like our children. If this was a nurse giving you instructions about your child would you have been ignoring her?

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    This measuring contest between you and the desk person...whose was bigger?

But seriously, leave it alone. How can you really care so much as to be so offended by some front desk lady to call them tomorrow to complain?

Hows the cat? Does he/she have a cone? I had a cat that had a cone once and it was :laugh:

They didnt give my dog one, though, which surprised me.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think you are wrong and should leave it alone. Some people treat their pets like a part of the family and that is the concern she was trying to project. Imagine someone looking at their smart phone while the nurse is explaining how to control bleeding after their child's' surgery.

If the lady would have simply said, "Your cat is ready to go and follow these directions. Have a good night," then the story may be a little different. I am having difficulty figuring out how she was being rude, but that's just me. I would have taken that and said, "you're right, sorry ma'am."

Sometimes we allow technology to allow us to forget common decency, and that's not right. Just my :twocents:.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    That is too wild, I voted to slap her, and here is why.

I doubt if it is ANY consolation, the Vet that spayed our cat had a serious attitude issue, and we locked horns too.

Funniest thing is these cats are sisters, and there is at least 65 miles between the two vets?

It MUST be the cats faults?
    Because I know there are no two, nicer, more level headed, guys than you and me!

How the cat doin' anyway.

This is our cats kitten picture, we named her Halle Berry, because, she isn't all black or brown and is partially white, and she wiggles her butt when she walks.

kittenscalico1.jpg

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    That is too wild, I voted to slap her, and here is why.

I doubt if it is ANY consolation, the Vet that spayed our cat had a serious attitude issue, and we locked horns too.

Funniest thing is these cats are sisters, and there is at least 65 miles between the two vets?

It MUST be the cats faults?
    Because I know there are no two, nicer, more level headed, guys than you and me!

How the cat doin' anyway.

This is our cats kitten picture, we named her Halle Berry, because, she isn't all black or brown and is partially white, and she wiggles her butt when she walks.

kittenscalico1.jpg

That's too cute.
    I guess I'm giving the lady the benefit of the doubt that I contributed to the situation. Not as an excuse, but I'm very multi-tasking and have a hard time doing just one thing. I knew what she was saying and she was giving out the cheat sheet to. But I suppose in the end live and let live.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I vote for the first option. I don't really think that a slap was warranted, but she was well within her right to call you out for the behavior.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    heck man even call her tomorrow and apologize and thank her for her concern for your cat. That would make her day probably make you feel good too.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My parents always told me it is rude of you don't pay attention and make eye contact when someone is speaking to me...I guess we grew up differently.

To be honest, I can't believe you made a thread about this.

That lady cares about her job and your cat. You were 110% in the wrong, but feel free to waste your time tomorrow and complain. Who knows, it'll probably brighten up their day with a good laugh.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Call me young or any other insult...but IMHO: while you were glancing at your phone, that in and of itself was not rude. She did not know WHY you were glancing at your phone; you could have been expecting an important call regarding a sick family member, job, etc. As you did not have the INTENT to be rude, I don't believe you were in the wrong here. I would have responded the same way. She had no right to be condescending...a simple "do you understand/do you have any questions?" at the conclusion of the speech would have sufficed. If I chose to be rude to every defendant I deal with on a daily basis that I percieve has an attitude problem...my blood pressure would be WAY more messed up than it is. She should have let it go. IMO she chose to flex her muscles and escalate the situation, and you responded by advising her not to treat you, THE CUSTOMER, in a rude or condescending manner.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Call me young or any other insult...but IMHO: while you were glancing at your phone, that in and of itself was not rude. She did not know WHY you were glancing at your phone; you could have been expecting an important call regarding a sick family member, job, etc. As you did not have the INTENT to be rude, I don't believe you were in the wrong here. I would have responded the same way. She had no right to be condescending...a simple "do you understand/do you have any questions?" at the conclusion of the speech would have sufficed. If I chose to be rude to every defendant I deal with on a daily basis that I percieve has an attitude problem...my blood pressure would be WAY more messed up than it is. She should have let it go. IMO she chose to flex her muscles and escalate the situation, and you responded by advising her not to treat you, THE CUSTOMER, in a rude or condescending manner.

***News Flash***

Phones have ringers on them.

You can't "glance" at a screen the size of an Iphone, Blackberry, Droid, etc, try to read INGO, and act like you give a :poop: about what someone is saying at the same time.

Him hearing and knowing the information she was giving to the previous customers is irrelevant; she was doing her job and he was rude by not paying attention.

Seriously though, I've only heard the spayed/neutered speech once and it was about 13 years ago, how long does it take? IIRC, it's all of about 30-45 seconds...Courteous people can look away from INGO for that long and not miss anything too important.:n00b:

Top Bottom