• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I watched the video but not all the responses.

My thoughts:

1) Was it trash day? Some folks go "junkin'" early in the morning to pull crap out of people's trash piles.

2) They could've seen something they liked (ie. your truck).

3) They were trying to find the par-tay at a neighbor's house.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I watched the video but not all the responses.

My thoughts:

1) Was it trash day? Some folks go "junkin'" early in the morning to pull crap out of people's trash piles.

2) They could've seen something they liked (ie. your truck).

3) They were trying to find the par-tay at a neighbor's house.

None of the above, except maybe #2... I think they were interested if there was anything in the bed.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Can't watch the video just yet...dial up + streaming video = fail.

Some questions, though...make and model of truck? Did they slow down as they approached, or where they already traveling slowly? What did they illuminate with the flashlight...just your mailbox, or did they scan your property with it?

Reason I ask is it could have just been a lost delivery guy...don't know how late pizza delivery runs in your neck of the woods, but this was something I commonly did on late night deliveries, when it was hard to read the address off the mailbox. Make and model are important, as most delivery guys wouldn't run anything that guzzles gas.

I think the most disturbing thing in this thread is the fact that you are stuck on dial up! You have my sympathies.

As for the vid, it looks fairly suspicious to me..
    It MIGHT have a logical explanation as pointed out, but I would rather be safe than sorry and would keep an eye out for a repeat.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'd say you have decent reason to be suspicious and would keep an eye out from now on. I think they were looking for a quick grab and go. If you can I'd start staying up a bit later, or keep anything making any noise in your house off at night so you can hear anybody in or around the house.

A few weeks ago there were some small robberies in our area as well (rural) mostly vehicles that were unlocked being broken into. But one was during the day and a moped along with some old guns were stolen while the couple was away at work. Some of us think we know who did the daytime one and I know the guy. But he knows if he tries stepping foot in my house he won't get very far. I'd say keep your eyes peeled and your 870 at the ready. Good luck!

Top Bottom