WARNING: Glock Doc at Indy 1500 RIP OFF!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    We dont all carry smart phones...lol
    But looking the parts up on the web before you go to the 1500 to buy one is a good idea.

Who needs a smart phone?

My old motorola tundra flip phone will browse the web good enough for anything like this... And do it under water, or while being thrown at someone.:D

jackadew

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Washington Co.
    What i get out of this thread: 1.No one at the 1500 had a Ghost Rocket 3.5lb. disconnet for a Glock. 2. Only one guy in 7 pages has it for sale. 3. More people should keep Glock parts instock...there has to be more markup on parts than new guns and anyone that sells handguns sell Glocks. 4. If you have it in stock people will buy it.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    What i get out of this thread: 1.No one at the 1500 had a Ghost Rocket 3.5lb. disconnet for a Glock. 2. Only one guy in 7 pages has it for sale. 3. More people should keep Glock parts instock...there has to be more markup on parts than new guns and anyone that sells handguns sell Glocks. 4. If you have it in stock people will buy it.

And there are a bunch of smart a$$e$ on INGO.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Too bad

It's too bad more of these guys couldn't just say thanks for letting us know. Apparently, they're already armed with all the info they need! I didn't know about Glock Doc so thanks for sharing. Sorry you found yourself in that spot. :dunno:

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana

I purchased my 3.5 setup from the glock guys on the far northeast corner of the building by the ammo.
    They only sell Glock parts other than sights.
    they told me the Ghost connector is the most common part they have to replace with the Glock connector.
    What they told me is the part is so flimsy many people have problems with the gun cycling properly.
    I ran several magazines through my G17 after they were done with mine and it worked great.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Exactly! I knew about what the actual price was beforehand. I just really didn't care about paying a little more. But, what I got was a part that wasn't what I asked for. That's shady business. That's called a rip off. Everyone keeps talking about smart phones and IPads or whatever and that's a great idea. It wouldn't have made a difference. I still would have paid for a Rocket connector for $40. HE DIDN'T GIVE ME A ROCKET CONNECTOR. That's the issue.

I didn't believe his BS story either. The whole "he spoonfed you whatever story he wanted" is not true. Like I said like 4x already, you can get on me all you want, I just want people to know that Nick is a phony con-man with no moral compass. That's the moral of the story.

Thanks Dragon, for actually reading what was posted.

I think the majority here know exactly what your saying! People only hear what they want to hear (read) !

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I purchased my 3.5 setup from the glock guys on the far northeast corner of the building by the ammo.
    They only sell Glock parts other than sights.
    Are you sure those are genuine Glock? Scherer makes a connector that looks like a stock Glock 3.5lb with NO markings JSYK.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And there are a bunch of smart a$$e$ on INGO.

Didn't really catch him as a S.A......just stating facts.
    If I do not know you or of you I am leery of buying much of anything from you...
    To many are taking to much for to little these days. Looking something up before you buy is a definite way to stay ahead. Do not expect someone to offer the piece you need at internet pricing, just does not happen. There is a convenience charge involved if you walk away part or parts in hand. If I have 5 items in stock it is a sure bet I paid more for those 5 by the piece and shipping to me than some monster warehousing operation paid for a truck load. If you paid what he asked, deal with it. It was your deal to go or no go.

I don't go to those big top circus events because it is a freaking zoo in there.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    A friend of mine in the Indy US Marshals office asked me which guy was claiming to be the armorer for the Marshals. They don't have one. Now I know who was making the claim.

The halcyon days of hanging out at Plainfield shooting and listening to Nick gas on about this or that was always a riot, better than re-reading the Gecko45 stuff.

If I remember, some of his "other customers" were the NYPD, some Swat teams (of course, wouldn't say, probably too smart to say IMPD as someone might call him out on his BS). I did not hear this second hand, direct. Almost wished I had asked him directly rather than overhearing him. One would think the US Marshals would be rather irritated at him using them as a marketing tool when he has done no work for them!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So did 'ol Nick ever get his Glock armorer certification back? Last I talked to him, he called his status something else...

Nick does charge alot for stuff that one can get cheaper at any internet site, brick and mortar, etc... Using the brick and mortar concept in his case is asinine b/c the standard dealer sells stuff like that for WAYY cheaper (not a HUGE fan of Bradis' pricing sometimes, but they do have Glock parts for a reasonable price).

Does Nick still tell his tales of him doing the Glocks for some government agency or the US Marshals? That's always good for a laugh. Especially when one of the Glocks he did "a trigger job" on that was in the hands of one of our customers at the range went full auto regularly.

Unless the quality of his services 180ed in the past few years, I would highly suggest that the average Glock owner get their parts somewhere, get a manual, learn how their Glock works, how to maintain them and take it apart, put it back together again. Once you get the pin thing downpat, it's easy peasy. "Glock Armorers" seem to be everywhere now. Learn to work on it yourself and never have to see an armorer again. The pistol is uber easy to deal with, get cracking. Heck, pistol maintenance, along with safety training, regular practice and promotion of the second amendment are all trademarks of a shooter, rather than just a gun owner. Any nitwit can just own a gun, it takes a truely responsible and intelligent person to be a shooter. :twocents:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LoganStone

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    Thanks for the warning! I had some Glock accessories to purchase at the 1500 and avoided his booth at your recommendation. Probably saved money and frustration.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I hear ya cluckin......
    I got ripped off by the greedy Doc on the previous 1500 on some factory mags. $6 more than several other vendors ! Never again...

Top Bottom