• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was 16 I had my first accident. I was sitting at a stop sign waiting on my turn to cross over when a guy on a bicycle was apparently going faster than I thought. I started to creep up getting ready to take off when he slammed into my front side fender and over my hood. Scared me to he point I still get super nervous if a bike or pedestrian is anywhere near by. Got dropped by the insurance company shortly after.

He was alright by the way.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Warmer weather rant! I almost killed three drivers in the last three days. 'Course, the killing would have been after the fact. One mouth breathing cager over on W 16th pulling out of the convenient store right across from the speedway. I was less than 12 feet away when he pulled directly across my path of travel on my motorcycle. He gave me this clueless, open mouthed look as I rode off after bringing my bike to a halt. The other couple were similar.

Keep you **** eyes open folks and out of your cell phones.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    People are not paying attention. The next text is more important than your life.

This is true. Everything text, call, Facebook update...they are just so important, people now have their phones set-up to see them immediately. This is why you drive the safest vehicle you can find, and have the number of a good law firm ready to go. Almost everyone is guilty of talking while driving or at least looking at a text message. I foresee future devices that somehow block all text messages and calls except 911 calls. Then I foresee some 14 year old making an app to bypass that system. :)

Had more than a few occasions to show idiots that I am armed and seriously pissed off.

Use caution. don't get in trouble for intimidation. I'm not sure how you show people you are armed, but if the vehicles don't make contact, I keep on going even if totally ticked off. It is better to avoid confrontation in my opinion. You may be armed, but the other party may be armed as well...and they may have just found out their wife left, lost their job, lost a child, etc.. The real question is, if you decide to get into a verbal confrontation, are you ready for a possible shoot-out....because the other party may be totally OK with that.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Bloomington motor and peddle bikers think they own the road.

Nice harley comes around a turn and is in my lane as we close for a head on collision. My jamming on the brakes saves his life and his lady friend. We missed by less than a few feet. Looked back in my mirror and he flips me the bird.

At 2nd and Patterson, peddle biker decides he can make a left turn and I must stop while he turns in front of me.

At west third next to Hardee's a young guy decided to peddle out into traffic to cross the 3rd street to head over to Wendy's. He had the red while the 3rd had the green.

It is dangerous on the roads today!

If I was texting while driving, I would have hit at least two bikers today...........

Looks like very little has changed since my days at IU Bloomington long ago.

Gibster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Boone County
    Stop and think back...when was the last time you studied an Indiana Drivers Manual?

Can you remember when we had to retest to renew our drivers license? I can.

Most who have a standard operators license haven't looked at a drivers manual since they were 16 years old.

From the Drivers Manual, "Motorcycles and bicycles are entitled to the same right of way and are required to observe the same traffic laws as operators of automobiles. Operators of these types of vehicles count on motorists to drive with care in their proximity."

So there ya have it...Bicyclists have their excuse right in the manual. I'll bet they can't quote it, but I wouldn't risk my life on that second sentence.

Top Bottom