• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    1911ly, that's pretty disrespectful to some of the people who have spent a little bit of their life trying to help the OP.

The OP, it seems, wishes to find out what is the safest direction for he and his rifle, and I believe some of the rest of us have given that to him. Besides that, he is always free to take whatever direction he chooses, regardless of what you or anybody else says on 'da interwebz', so it is your most recent comment that is unnecessary.

Dude, I'll leave you with this: The internet as a whole does tend to enjoy making rules of thumb such as "AR's don't have to be checked...", however, at the end of the day, the internet is not the one doing the firing of the real rifle. As it is only YOUR face that is behind the rifle you just built, if you want to follow the correct path for the longevity of your face, you should check the rifle with the correct tools.

For anything made of some thin steel and aluminum that is supposed to hold in 50-60,000 PSI...That's a gauge.

I'll make this offer: If you want to order a Forster 5.56mm Go/No-Go set (HG556NATOMin and HG556NATOMax) and sell it to me as a spare, I'll meet you, use them on your rifle, and you can go home with a safe weapon, and most of your money back in your pocket for gauges you don't want to keep.

-Nate

If pointing out the fact that there was more then enough info in the previous postings for the OP to decide well, then I am guilty as charge. I don't see it the way do you but I'll apologize to anyone offended.

Thanks.. I took it out and its fine. Cycles, and its putting casings at about 4-5 o'clock. Only 10 rounds out but it started raining more then I wanted to stand in.:yesway:

Sounds excellent & sounds like she's running great. Congrats in the successful build. Enjoy the new gun. There is nothing like the feeling of shooting something you have built yourself! If you have time please post a few pic of your build.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I will say this then I will shut up on the subject of AR 15 headspace.

Kreiger stopped shipping their barrels with a bolt many years ago. Their explanation of why is on their website.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So the bolt plays no part in proper headspace?
    Not if manufactured to spec. Any mil spec bolt will headspace properly as long as the headspace is set correctly in the barrel extension. I'm pretty sure both aim and Faxon check these things before they send stuff out, I would check with them before paying for gauges.

Either way, very nice rifle and glad to hear it is running well for you.

Top Bottom