• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    There are times when a trade makes perfect sense. For example I traded another INGOer a 9mm Browning HiPower for his .40 S&W Browning HiPower. Makes complete sense he wanted to simplify to 9mm and I was able to simplify to .40.

How about those that want to trade for example a Glock 19 for a Glock 23 or a Glock 26. Same basic gun but in a different caliber or size. If you can trade even why sell it only to add cash at the gun shop?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Just about anything by Colt, what do you have

Nice way to skirt the Classified Rules. :rolleyes:

Anyways, sometimes I have an item I don't really want anymore and just want to trade for something I do want. It's much easier, most of the time, to trade with ppl than it is to sell and then buy what you want. Also when you buy something you usually pay a higher price plus tax plus having to fill out more paperwork. Trading just works out better sometimes. I post things WTS/WTT to give others the option. :twocents:

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I haven't ever offered anything for just a trade. I do understand the mentality though. If you want to avoid paying taxes or going through the paperwork. You can normally get a more even deal when you simply trade vs selling and then purchasing.

In a trade you would probably get a higher value for your firearm vs selling it also. As long as the condition is similar and the firearms are priced around the same you can get more gun for your gun. Trading might be more fun also.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'd have to say my reasoning would be i've got enough money in guns and if i trade i get to either learn something new about a gun, find a new gun that i like to shoot or just simply have a new toy.. if i take cash not only is the girlfriend/wife going to want it in the bank,, but she'll Bit$% that my toy collection is to largee so money is funny sometimes trades are just the better way to go. lol

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the Interwebs, right? All kinds of eyes from all kinds of folks can see posted information forever, right?

If a sole was selling guns on a regular enough basis to call it a business, would not some of the alphabet agencies be very interested?

That is where WTT only comes from. No $ amount = nothing sold, or no record of it anyway.

Last edited:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I don't trade firearms or read WTT listings. I'm sure the posters have their reasons, but whatever they are, they're not my problem.

Why is it a problem??? It's their choice. Like a previous poster stated, sometimes it boils down to two transactions in one. Simple. I check both WTS and WTT listings. If something interests me, fine if not that's fine too. If you don't want to look at my WTT listing that's not my problem.....:)

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Trading is fun. I never understood it either...until I did it.

Of course if you want something, the cash you would receive MIGHT get you it. If it results in enough cash, problem solved. However, you are not going to pay full price for a used/owned item. If you are just trading though more of the value is retained, because you are likewise trading for a used/owned item. Some people think more value is retained in a trade vs a sale. And as mentioned, if you are not in a hurry, trading might get what you want or something else, which is the fun factor. Its kinda like a white elephant but with nice stuff. :twocents:

Dont knock it till you try it!

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Maybe this:

(Hubby entering the house) "Hey honey, I just sold my AR for 750$, now I need to go to the gun store and pick out something else."

"750!, nice, we need some new frilly curtains and a lace comforter for the bedroom (Wife grabbing cash while hubby looks on dumbfounded) Thanks, and there will be enough left over for me to get some high dollar makeup too!"

This would definitely be true in my house!:eek:

Daniel686

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Terre Haute
    I trade a gun because im looking for another gun usually specified. If I don't need the money then i don't want to sell it. And i always trade up not down.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    When I traded a gun straight up for another in the classifieds it was because I had an "inherited" gun that I didnt really care for. If I needed money I would have sold it, and if I had just wanted to another gun... I would have bought another gun. Instead I wanted a different gun so I traded for it. My add was up for 3 days and it was a constant stream of offers until I got one I really liked. Was painless for both of us and we both replaced a gun we didnt care for with one we liked.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Maybe this:

(Hubby entering the house) "Hey honey, I just sold my AR for 750$, now I need to go to the gun store and pick out something else."

"750!, nice, we need some new frilly curtains and a lace comforter for the bedroom (Wife grabbing cash while hubby looks on dumbfounded) Thanks, and there will be enough left over for me to get some high dollar makeup too!"

Johnny, Thats exactly what I was thinking when I read the beginning of this thread. Cash can be used for other purposes. But a trade is new metal in your hands.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    If you sell, you mite use the money for other things, Also some guys don't like to search for another gun, & wait a week before they can get the gun from a FFL dealer, Also the guy mite want to wheel & deal for another gun

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I've done trade only, and I'm sure I will again. Why? Lots of reasons.

1. I really don't need cash. Cash isn't the shortage item in my life. Time is more critical, and trading can sometimes save me time.
    2. It's fun -- sometimes you get offered something you never even thought of
    3. I have a hard time SELLING a gun. That means I have one less gun. I don't WANT to have one less gun. Sometimes I already just bought another gun and can rationalize going back to even. Sometimes my mind shifts to the new number and I don't want to go back to the old one.
    4. Could you sell one of your children? No, of course not. All of us would prefer to trade one of our less-loved children for one that might be more attractive, do more chores, etc. Selling them is... gauche. Can you treat your guns any differently? I say, "NO!"
    5. Sometimes I want something that I can't find (easily) in stores, on gunbroker, whatever and think of you freaks might have one stashed away somewhere.
    6. Like someone said, sometimes when you're trading you can both be happier about how you came out on it, even it's just perception based on getting something you want.
    7. Like someone else said, I might be able to save myself some shopping/shipping/etc.
    8. I have a sincere desire to give all guns happy, loving homes. If I have a gun that's not being loved enough, and someone else has a gun that's not being loved enough, maybe we can trade and give both guns the kind of home they need and deserve. Nobody wants to see unhappy, unloved guns. Adopt a gun today.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom