1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Here in Indiana....

First-grade teacher faces heroin charges in Bedford

Bedford Times-Mail
    June 12, 2013, last update: 6/12 @ 2:55 pm
    ul_n_Endris_Lindsay_0612.jpg

Lindsay Endris

BEDFORD — A first-grade teacher is in the Lawrence County Jail on charges of possession of heroin and other drug offenses.
    Parkview Primary School first-grade teacher Lindsay Endris was arrested Tuesday by the Bedford Police Department, followed a 5:50 p.m. traffic stop between 37th and 39th streets.
    In addition to the possession of heroin charge, which is a Class D felony, Endris, 26, of 2261 Vinegar Hill Road, was charged with possession of heroin with intent to deal, a Class B felony; possession of methamphetamine, a Class D felony; two counts of possessing a Schedule IV controlled substance, a Class D felony; and trafficking with an inmate.
    Bedford Police Chief Dennis Parsley was unavailable Wednesday to provide additional details, including those relevant to the trafficking with an inmate charge.
    Administrators with North Lawrence Community Schools were aware Wednesday of Endris’ arrest, and Gary Conner, the assistant superintendent, said only, “We will respond appropriately.”Endris was booked into the Lawrence County Security Center at 6:55 p.m. Tuesday. Her bond is set at $2,005 cash or $20,000 surety.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    There were a couple with 2 or more mug shots, some spanning several months. It would be interesting to see what if any disciplanary action took place by the schools between arrests.

Yeah, that Polk principle had 3 arrests over 2 years... how was he still the principle?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah, that Polk principle had 3 arrests over 2 years... how was he still the principle?

Due process!

Lets say I own a daycare and one of my employees is arrested for molestation. Should I expect to keep that employee in my daycare and expect my customers to keep bringing their children while we await a conviction?

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There were a couple with 2 or more mug shots, some spanning several months. It would be interesting to see what if any disciplanary action took place by the schools between arrests.

I'd love to see what actions, if any the teacher's union takes against these folks. So far it appears that the union supports their conduct since there is no statement saying that the conduct is not supported.

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    Nah - it's the sun that draws them from all over the country.

It's easy to be "homeless" / transient when you don't have to worry about freezing to death in the winter. And many sex offenders end up homeless / transient because they're run off from where they used to live.

-J-

There's a lot of truth to this. I found a lot of people funnel down there thinking their problems will be gone because it's sunny. They're still the same people just in a new location.

Also, it's not easy being homeless down there. The police find creative ways to get the homeless off of the streets. They usually end up in prison on failure to appear tickets. Anyway, most of the sex offenders live in trailer parks and rent week by week hotel rooms, it's the only places that will let them live there.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    No, but those who put in place, prop up, maintain, and defend the system that makes it nearly impossible to fire these offenders are.

Free cheeseburger to this man right here is he ever holds his nose and makes it down South to the shop...In NYC they even get their own place to hang out, watch the tube, etc....Can't be around students anymore but they can't be fired either....

"Raising Arizona"

Glen-"It's a crazy world."

Hi-"Someone ought to sell tickets."

Glen-"Sure, I'd buy one."

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    there's about 30 people in that slideshow. the florida education association website claims to have over 140,000 members. that works out to about .02%. i'm willing to guess that .02% of construction workers, computer techs, etc., have been caught doing bad things.

teachers in general are not a group of monsters.

If you want to work statistics, that collection of 30 mugshots is ONLY Tampa/St.Pete/Clearwater/Sarasota area. Not that big a chunk of the state, so they're NOT the only ones out of the 140,000 members STATEWIDE.

Just sayin'. If you're using statistics to make a point, use the right statistics. ;)

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    :rofl:

Just what constitutes lewd battery?

Grunt: bravo. I missed your comical posts.

Just curious as to when you're going into the education system so you can change the world? :D

She got it on with a 14-year old boy.

Hate to say it, but I feel like a teenage boy is probably going to emotionally handle that sort of thing a lot better than a girl would. I think it's just something about how sex emotionally impacts the genders in a disparate way.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    If you want to work statistics, that collection of 30 mugshots is ONLY Tampa/St.Pete/Clearwater/Sarasota area. Not that big a chunk of the state, so they're NOT the only ones out of the 140,000 members STATEWIDE.

Just sayin'. If you're using statistics to make a point, use the right statistics. ;)

didn't realize this fact, i will modify my statistics.

pinellas county has 142 schools with over 17,000 employees (teachers, admin, support staff). averages about 120 per school. i couldn't find emplyment numbers for hillsborough or sarasota counties, but i did find the number of schools for each, 266 and 61 respectively.

for argument's sake, i will make the assumption these schools average 100 positions per school, significantly less than the hard data i could find. add these 32,700 to the 17,000 for a total of 49,700. divide the 30 by this amount and you end up with .06%. thanks for calling me out on my previous error, but i believe my point still stands with these new statistics.;) i as a gun owner wouldn't want to be judged by what the worst .06% have done.

and as for the nyc teacher holding tank, i think it's deplorable for many reasons. however, it takes two to tango, and the state board of ed. agreed to those terms.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom