• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I went in knowing about nothing about the test. And I finished knowing not much more. I know I did alright on some questions, but there were some that threw me for a loop. And that's all I have to say about that. Even if I don't make it further, I'm glad I got the opportunity to take the test. It was an educational experience.

Those of you taking the test Saturday... leave your cell phone in the car. They make you leave it outside on a table while you're taking the test. While there are people by the table the whole time, they disclaim responsibility for the phones. Second thought, maybe your phone is safer on that table than in the car ;) No firearms in the room either. They say this was mentioned in the emails but I looked again and don't see it.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I thought the test was pretty easy. It was a lot different than when I took it in 2002.
    My wife thinks I'm nuts for even applying. I wish I would have followed thru in 02 I'd be halfway to retirement.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    Test seemed fairly easy, had a couple of trick questions you had to pay close attention to. Anyone know about how long it generally takes to receive notice of how you did?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If it's like past tests, there is no time frame. You be mailed a note saying if you made it or not at some point. It'll then tell you what and when the next phase is. At some point one of the phases will get postponed a month or so.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    They sent it out in the email saying when each phase is. I believe it said that the physical portion is November 18-23. Good luck to the others of you who took the test. I'm fairly confident in the testing phase, not so much the personality assessment. :):

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    With the physical test in three weeks I'm guessing they will let you know pretty soon. It was all scantron so it shouldn't take long at all to grade.
    I went Friday morning and I'm guessing there was close to 200 people testing at that time.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I went fri at 1 and there was probably 1000+ people.
    The email stated that the physical test will be the 18-23.

I feel like they changed up process a bit. There was no "study time," as they stated there would be. All the questions on the test were hit or miss, no memorization required.
    I found it to be very simple... almost like a standard IQ test.
    A lot of the people were finished in half the time. It took me about 2 hrs but I still went over every answer until the time was up. When a possible well paying and awesome career requires an aptitude test, I have no idea why anyone would just breeze through it like 3/4 of the people did. They obviously didn't look over their answers.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    With the physical test in three weeks I'm guessing they will let you know pretty soon. It was all scantron so it shouldn't take long at all to grade.
    I went Friday morning and I'm guessing there was close to 200 people testing at that time.

There was roughly 480 at the 1300 testing today.

I feel like they changed up process a bit. There was no "study time," as they stated there would be. All the questions on the test were hit or miss, no memorization required.
    A lot of the people were finished in half the time. It took me about 2 hrs but I still went over every answer until the time was up. When a possible well paying and awesome career requires an aptitude test, I have no idea why anyone would just breeze through it like 3/4 of the people did. They obviously didn't look over their answers.

It was super easy. I finished in a little over half the time. I selected my answer, went back and double checked my answer then marked it. I think I only erased 2 answers.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I would be curious to know what percentage of people the written test eliminates. Same for the physical test. Of course I am scheduled to work all the days of the physical test so I guess I will have to find someone at my job to trade me.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

Interesting. I recently finished the application process for a department up here in NWI and the test was 5 sections that had to do with memorization (building layouts, street maps, mugs shots and the crime they committed, and reports) and 2 sections of spelling and grammar. There was a 2 hour study session before the test.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Interesting. I recently finished the application process for a department up here in NWI and the test was 5 sections that had to do with memorization (building layouts, street maps, mugs shots and the crime they committed, and reports) and 2 sections of spelling and grammar. There was a 2 hour study session before the test.

I would love to explain the details of the types of questions, but I had to sign something that said I wouldn't. But I will say what is not in the test since it didn't mention discussing that... mugshots... no mugshots.
    I have taken a few administered IQ tests before and this test seemed very similar. Which makes sense, because who wants a jack@$$ working the streets with authority and a gun haha.
    I was kind of shocked when I took the test however. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    On my agency's process we had a 1 hour math test from hell! I would have bet money I didn't do to hot on it. I hate math and since being hired I have never used much of it either. It sounds like metro has a more reasonable test.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    On my agency's process we had a 1 hour math test from hell! I would have bet money I didn't do to hot on it. I hate math and since being hired I have never used much of it either. It sounds like metro has a more reasonable test.

Oh most def! Everything you're tested on is directly applicable to a patrol officer.

Top Bottom