• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have shot it (Mossberg 500) at the atterburry (spelling?) rifle range (shorter one) and it was within and inch or two of what I ws wanting to hit on like a 6 inch target...... with a solid slug. I thought that was pretty good just using the fatory rail sight. I am also pretty good though at controlling my breathing/trigger pull/heart beat firing...... With a 22 rifle I was quite a bit closer but that is easier becuase you don't have a mule kicking you in the arm haha.

you should be goog to go. i miss read thinking you were saying you guess its close enough without trying. sorry for preaching. i know alot of hunters go to walmart the day before season buy a gun and ammo and hunt the next morning and it drives me nuts.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    you should be goog to go. i miss read thinking you were saying you guess its close enough without trying. sorry for preaching. i know alot of hunters go to walmart the day before season buy a gun and ammo and hunt the next morning and it drives me nuts.

I did not even realize you were talking to me in that post, thought it was people in general haha.

I like shooting my stuff before I take it out (not that I have gone out yet haha). I will try these round's out before I hunt with them so I know how they act.

I was also firing from the standing position....... Crouched I know it would be a closer group.

Id really perfer an 870..... the 500's with synthetic stock's are not fun to shoot to often....

Next time I go out I wthink I will set up some milk carton's filled with water and them out on the long rifle range and see how I do. If I can pick them all off pretty easy then I think I will be good do go. With those round's a milk carton sized area's will I think would be a pretty good kill zone at that range. A simple target would also work but what is the fun in that haha.

Top Bottom