• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would not hesitate to get the Ruger. I have a few single actions and wouldnt buy anythig else but a Ruger when it comes to single actions. I want a Super Blackhawk hunter real bad but have no real use for it.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have an early Ruger three screw model single6 22Mag. It is a great old gun. Really a nice shooter. Well built has that great sounding click when cocking.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Maybe the higher cap versions have more specific bores? I tried a variety of .22 LR in a few dual cylinder Ruger SA's and always the .22 mags shot better. Some LR's did OK, but never anything super.

I have heard this from several folks, the revolvers are often more accurate with one or the other.

I happened to be doing some work in Owensboro, KY so I had to stop by Whittakers Monday afternoon. Never ceases to amaze me how busy that place is in the middle of a work day. Anyway, they had a Ruger Single Nine for $455 and I could not pass it up. I liked the wood grips and fiber optic sights compared to the Single Six. I look forward to some warmer weather and extra time to do a range report.

DEstes001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Western Hendricks County
    Indy Guy, just went and looked at the assault weapons page you have at the bottom of your post. That is the most informative, to the point article I have ever read. I have book marked it and plan on sending it to every liberal I know. Do you have a copy of it in some kind of Word or PowerPoint format? I really liked it a lot.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I have heard this from several folks, the revolvers are often more accurate with one or the other.

I happened to be doing some work in Owensb
    ro, KY so I had to stop by Whittakers Monday afternoon. Never ceases to amaze me how busy that place is in the middle of a work day. Anyway, they had a Ruger Single Nine for $455 and I could not pass it up. I liked the wood grips and fiber optic sights compared to the Single Six. I look forward to some warmer weather and extra time to do a range report.

I was going to suggest the Heritage Arms 22. I just picked one up new for $273.00 out the door. It came with 22 LR and 22 mag cylinders. So far I am very impressed.

2013-01-28-14-38-57-223534139.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Indy Guy, just went and looked at the assault weapons page you have at the bottom of your post. That is the most informative, to the point article I have ever read. I have book marked it and plan on sending it to every liberal I know. Do you have a copy of it in some kind of Word or PowerPoint format? I really liked it a lot.

Sorry, not my website. I don't have any "hard" copies.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Anyway, they had a Ruger Single Nine for $455 and I could not pass it up. I liked the wood grips and fiber optic sights compared to the Single Six. I look forward to some warmer weather and extra time to do a range report.

Good pick and good price. There is a single nine at my local gun shop and I have been drooling over it. I think .22 magnum in a 5 inch barrel handgun would be awesome for carrying in the woods. I did buy a single ten some time back. I am very happy with the purchase and love the gun.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxODQtMjAxMTExMTItMTYwNC5qcGc-1.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom