Wanna stop a future AWB? Then get your butt in here now!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Hey I'm in for whatever goes on locally. I just think their site was to open communication just for one topic. Not everything is perfect but it would still be good to voice your opinion. I know there are a lot of things that should be different but I don't think we should sweat the little things. If nothing else, just post on there what we are doing in Indiana. Maybe people from other states will join in to do similar things on the same dates.

For the local march, just tell me when and where and I'll be there.

Just my :twocents:. Trying to look to the positive and not fight amongst ourselves.

So lets start planning this march. What exactly do we want to do? Let's start deciding what information we want to get out in flyers or educate the public with. Lets get this thing planned so everyone can get all the details worked out ASAP.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I say we shoot for January 20th on our rally. Concentrate on the state capitol here in Indy, but feel free to organize people in Evansville, Lawerenceburg, New Albany, Ft. Wayne, South Bend, Gary, Bloomington, where ever. We have to have at least a few hundred here in Indy and no less than 50 or so in other parts of the state. If you can drive to Indy I encourage you to do so. If you would serve better in your own community that's great. Let's get the ball rolling on this.

The right to arms "Shall not be infringed" by anyone. That is our theme. Soon it will be a nationwide theme. Contact those who would help us, The group in Evansville, GOA, NRA reps, everyone. Let's go people. We have a Country to save.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    If someone can compile the info to go on the flyer, I can set it up and post it up here for review, once we get it like we want it, I'll print some off for distribution and also link it up here for members to print out some for their own distribution.
    I'll print up enough so they can be handed out during the next 1500.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm currently working on getting a database of people for a National Rally. I could do the same here aswell.

I'm looking to get ForumID's if possible, first and last names, city/state, email address, and on the National one I'm getting a list of their local forums too. We can do something like this here if we don't have a single march on our capital. If it's just going to be a march on Indy, a list of names and contact info for an email newsletter would be great. Otherwise a list of organizers in different areas with said info so we can coordinate our efforts.

Right now I'm just doing this to get an idea of the peoples we will be working with. I just hope this catches on.

As far as what the flyer says, that's up to you all. I think something about links to our website and the 2AM website, maybe something about saving your rights, I'm not too sure. There are more creative people on this board.... Come on people! How's come no one's posting in here but like 4-5 of us? Are we the only ones willing to do something or what? :D

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    For the flyer this site might help. Someone posted this before but here it is again.
    JPFO Freebies

The 20th of JAN 09 is good for me I plan taking off several days to participate in these. Savage I wil pm you my contact info. I am not good at organizing but I will participate whole heartedly. ATF I would like to help money wise (a little :) after xmas), money is real tight but this is worth it. I can pass some flyers out here in Anderson, we got one gun store and a department store or 2. I will hit a couple of ranges also. Tipton gunshow this week if we can get a quick flyer togather for download, several people from INGO are going, maybe they could pass a few out.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I like USMCs plan of dropping info off at gunstores and/or ranges. I'm in. let me know what I can do to help. Savage I sent you a PM with my info.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Got the info. Just need names, city, state, and email from everyone here. Phone numbers and such we'll save for later.

All I have so far is four for National, 3 for State. That includes me.

Once we get some good ideas for flyers I can work up something to download. Just be precise on what you want it to say, graphics, etc. I can come up with something as I have many programs available to me.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Somebody on the other site suggested contacting Talk Radio people. It's a good idea, but we have to get organized first. We need a strong showing before we announce ourselves to the world.

Just another idea I'm throwing out there for us on a local level.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Got the info. Just need names, city, state, and email from everyone here. Phone numbers and such we'll save for later.

All I have so far is four for National, 3 for State. That includes me.

Once we get some good ideas for flyers I can work up something to download. Just be precise on what you want it to say, graphics, etc. I can come up with something as I have many programs available to me.

Whatever we print, I think it should have 3 items in the background...

US Constitution
    American Bald Eagle
    American Flag

I have high resolution files for these, if you need them.

We can fit quite a lot of info on a letter size sheet, but we don't want it to get too crowded with info, so we can also use the 2nd side for additional points as well.

I work with all of the Adobe apps, so we shouldn't have any trouble printing whatever the format is.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sign me up.
    1) I can hit the local ranges and stores in our area to spread the word.
    - Deb's Gun Range, Hammond, IN
    - Bylte's Gun Store, Griffith, IN
    - Firearm's Repair, Griffith, IN
    - Cabela's, Hammond, IN
    - Wal-Mart, Hammond, IN
    - Wal-Mart, Shereville, IN
    - Wal-Mart, Merville/Hobart, IN
    - Dick's Sporting Goods, Highland, IN
    - Dick's Sporting Goods, Merville/Hobart, IN
    - GarnerMountain, Merville/Hobart, IN
    (These are the ones in NORTHERN LAKE County that I can thnk of that I tend to visit. Would need some help with SOUTHERN LAKE county.

In terms of the flyer perhaps we need another stickey forum post for brianstorming ideas becuase we can go 2 ways with it.

1) For the current gun owners
    2) For the general public

1) We don't need to explain much just about the upcoiming AWB and how it will affect eveyrone with a gun.

2) For the general public we need a bit more explaination and more important a REASON to come, a REASON to care.

The in lastest issue of the NRA magainze they suggested to take someone hunting. WTH?? Hunting? Okay sure I know there may be many hunters in here and in the NRA and in the US but for urban areas this strategy does not work. I don't go hunting and never will as I get my food from the big box store all nicely packaged for me. =)

However, personal defense is a big one for urban areas and one that I think the NRA does not focus on in part becuase it's hard to get the average person interested in it. However that group we also need. Many of these peole will probably never own a gun, but know/feel that they should have the ability to get one if they want one.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    20 January 2009 would be difficult for me but aside from that...
    would we (conservative gun owning community) get any coverage at all on inoguration day????
    would it instead make our movement a top priority of the obamanation proclamation?
    I understand the significance of the date and all but if it is too small it is swept away under the rug. If it is to big (or just big enough) it may get the attention of the anti's and make our control their top priority from that date.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's a good point. I didn't think of that. Either way we need to organize fast and get this moving. Soon.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I have ideas for the flyer for the General Public. It will require some research which I will try to do and find actual sources to cite. The Bill Clinton Administration that spearheaded the original ban has admitted that it did very little to curb crime. Also it would be good to cite sources on reports of Crime rate going down when the ban lifted. I think we need to debunk some of the reason they are pushing to scare the general public such as crime rates.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    To just put on a flyer things like this, it would probably be easier to just cite the sources with a fact or two. Then have the website address, a credible website, underneath the fact. Enough to peak interest in someone should be enough for them to dig. Some won't be so easily convinced which is why we need media attention on this.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    visclosky_banner_b.jpg

Dear Marvin:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding gun rights. I appreciate hearing from you.

I support the possession of legal firearms by responsible law abiding citizens. I am opposed to violent criminals carrying handguns, military assault weapons, and "cop-killer" bullets, which pose serious threats to public safety and the law enforcement officers who risk their lives protecting us. When considering an issue as important and controversial as gun control, it is essential to study each proposal individually. Worthwhile proposals must take a substantial step towards achieving the desired goal of reducing the overall level of violence and crime in this country while supporting the possession of legal firearms.

Should the House of Representatives consider any gun legislation during the 110th Congress, be assured that I will consider it with your views in mind.
    Thank you again for contacting me. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    Peter J. Visclosky
    Member of Congress

This what I got back from one of my legislators office

I got this same letter today from an email I mailed last week. He isn't reading them. The only way to influence this is to MASS emial or snail mail.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How about a mass mailing to every rep in Indiana. All of us. Snail Mail. If they don't listen, we do it again. Think they'd take us seriously then. If not call to have them removed or something! LOL

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Part of the reason for the "standard" letter is that the AWB bill we are referring to is still in committee so there is not much for him to do in regards to it. However a letter a week on the various topics of AWB could let him know that we are serious about a NO AWB in 2009. But one for twp snail letters is not going to work we all need to send them to him.

Top Bottom