• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    When was the last time a movie made you 'need' to go out and buy a new gun?

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm not talking choppers and Arnold's mini-gun, but more realistic thinking.

Last night, I watched "Last Man Standing" with Bruce Willis. Aside from the absolutely terrible acting, there is a scene where he's sitting at a table with probably 20 1911 mags, and he's loading, and loading, and loading from a pile of FMJ rounds. Dozing off last night, I found myself running the numbers as to when I could afford two new 1911 pistols, 20 mags, and a case of .45. Not likely anytime soon, but it was still a great thought.

Chime in with your hopes and dreams...

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Bad movies make me wish I owned a shotgun. Them DVD's fly good in the air and would be fun to shoot. :)

But honestly Robo cop! That made me really want to own a gun growing up. Ohh yeah that was a bad boy!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    When was the last time a movie made you 'need' to go out and buy a new gun?

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm not talking choppers and Arnold's mini-gun, but more realistic thinking.

Not since the Lone Ranger was on every Saturday morning.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Why is it when some one posts a "What should I buy" thread, every one chimes in with their suggestion, you should just happen to buy exactly the gun "I own because...." blah blah. Yet no one ever owns up to the only reason they bought the gun they are swearing is the perfect gun for what ever, they neve admit the only reason they bought is is product placement and Hollywood hype? ROTFL

This explains a lot around here. LOL.:rolleyes:

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Why is it when some one posts a "What should I buy" thread, every one chimes in with their suggestion, you should just happen to buy exactly the gun "I own because...." blah blah. Yet no one ever owns up to the only reason they bought the gun they are swearing is the perfect gun for what ever, they neve admit the only reason they bought is is product placement and Hollywood hype? ROTFL

Its just as easy to pick up 'gun envy' in front of your TV as it is on the firing line, I guess. I'm not afraid to admit that my interest in AR's and suppressed weapons was started by Terminator 2.

I was 16 when that movie came out in 1991, and watching a buff Linda Hamilton fire a select fire suppressed AR, semi then... *click*, full auto - shredding Dyson's home office... jeez... I STILL want one. I'm not afraid to admit that. :popcorn:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    One time out in California I was all lit up and a guy said "wanna make a movie?" I think I said yes..well anyway we had a few more drinks and the next thing i know I wake up in an alley and my butt hurt for a week!...err..this isn't true confession blog is it...my bad.

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    District 9 made me want a M9. The lead bad guy plugs a bunch of aliens with it before getting ripped to apart and eaten.

x2. You remember when the one guy was pointing an M9 at the alien while they were in the personnel carrier vehicle? He had the gun like a foot away from the aliens face. That m9 looked so nice. It has a blued finish to it or something.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

You're awfully cynical lately. :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I but the guns I buy, because of fators.

Yes, the all-important fators. Forgot about those. ;)

I've never bought a gun because I saw it in a movie, but while working at the gun shop, I've had all kinds of folks ask to see [insert gun here] because it was featured in a movie or video game. Sold more than a few PS90s back when "Stargate SG1" was on the Sci-Fi Channel. :):

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For all you guys wondering what kind of gun is in a movie that you saw, check this website out. Its like Wikipedia but for movie guns.

Main Page - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

OK, that is one cool site! I had to bookmark it.

Any time I watch a movie I am quick to notice the Browning HiPower and Walther P99. The last terminator movie really made me want a black rifle. I have to admit StarGate makes me want a PS90.

Ter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Pekin / Washington Co.
    I first saw the movie Winchester 73 as child and it's been my dream gun since then. Being a poor man I'll never own the real thing but 18 months ago I picked up a Uberti 73. I wasn't disappointed.

Top Bottom