• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    Last time I checked Del-Ton barrels were chrome lined... or did I dream that up? You can order a del ton upper for $379, and a Plum Crazy lower for $120 from classic arms, and have a $500 AR (plus shipping, minus rear sight).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have used Rock River for a base but they are not the cheapest. A lot of options and many bits are marketed as brand name but how many facility's actually do the raw casting???

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    PSA for sure!

The customer service people are Top Shelf!

I have ordered a few things from there the last couple months, and it is quality stuff. I also have sent several e-mails back and forth with them, on different things, and they are good people.

It is not often you send an e-mail to customer service dept, and the big dog gets up off the porch to answer you!! :yesway:

They are doing it the way it should be done!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Chrome lining is a joke, my Del Ton barrels shot well under MOA for me with factory ammo, even better with handloads. and I shot a couple thousand rounds through the second build with ZERO issues. Not trying to tell YOU what to buy, just relating my personal experiences. I'm sure everything PSA sells is made from forged unicorn horn or soemthing and surely NOT made at the same damned casting facility as 90% of the other parts out there.

I HOPE they're not using cast parts. =)

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I am in the same situation as you, and I am probably going with PSA. I have heard NOTHING but good things about them.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I'm doing the same research, any opinions on uppers from R Guns????

Everything I have ever heard about RGuns was nothing but hate. I've never dealt with them personally but I've read in a lot of places that their customer service is horrible and they are very rude over the phone (cursing and calling names) and they don't respond to Emails. But like I said, thats not personal experience, just the word on other forums.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Chrome lining is a joke, my Del Ton barrels shot well under MOA for me with factory ammo, even better with handloads. and I shot a couple thousand rounds through the second build with ZERO issues. Not trying to tell YOU what to buy, just relating my personal experiences. I'm sure everything PSA sells is made from forged unicorn horn or soemthing and surely NOT made at the same damned casting facility as 90% of the other parts out there.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's understood that chrome lining is trading off a bit of accuracy, in order to gain barrel life, and ease of maintenance.

The competition is among manufacturers of chrome lined barrels, to see who can squeeze CMV-like, MOA accuracy out of them, while maintaining the other benefits.

(disclaimer-there are probably some manufacturers of CMV barrels with terrible accuracy)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Might try AR15depot too.....they don't have a huge selection, but a lot of common uppers...and you can find their auctions on gunbroker for cheaper than their website advertised prices......I've built a few guns with their uppers and they work flawlessly...as good as any upper shelf, brand name upper I've ever handled....great quality for the price

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Chrome lining aids in extraction which can be the Achilles heel of the AR.

Also the CHF and MP inspected PSA barrels are made by FN and they are really good barrels. It is not worth saving $20 to buy a Delton. You can also get a midlength PSA upper for $400. If you ever want to sell the PSA is going to be worth more too.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Last time I checked Del-Ton barrels were chrome lined... or did I dream that up? You can order a del ton upper for $379, and a Plum Crazy lower for $120 from classic arms, and have a $500 AR (plus shipping, minus rear sight).

According to the thier website chrome lining is extra. There just went cheaper. Wouldn't own a plum crazy lower if it was given to me.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    According to the thier website chrome lining is extra. There just went cheaper. Wouldn't own a plum crazy lower if it was given to me.

I saw "Chrome Moly" and got confused for a second. *facepalm*.
    I wouldn't either, unless I was making another dedicated .22. There are plenty of other options to build a proper lower for $150-$200, and bypass the poly.

Top Bottom