• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I have an out-going transfer waiting with Wanamaker guns and it's been a couple of weeks and the buyer still hasn't received the gun so I called Wanamaker guns today.

On his voice mail, Scott stated that his wife has passed away. Thoughts are with him and his children, I can't imagine how tough it has to be right now and I hope his wife was made very comfortable this past week. Scott is a really nice guy and it's horrible to see this happen to such a nice and honest person.

I'll probably have to cancel the online sale I made since the gun is in limbo for now and I'm hopeful the buyer is understanding. But having to cancel a gun sale is a pretty tiny thing next to this really really tough life event Scott and his kids are going through.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    This is a tough day. Scott is a guy with whom I've dealt many times over the years and have come to know fairly well. He has always taken good care of my gun needs. Condolences to him and his kids....may they all find the strength to get through the days ahead.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Yes, his wife passed away after 6 months of battleing brain cancer. She was only 38. Went to the showing tonight. It was very tough. If none of you know, they have two small children. Scott said he will be in the shop later this week to get back in the swing of things. If you can, stop in and say hello.
    Memorial contributions are suggested to the Dawn and Levi Woodward College Fund, c/o PNC Bank, 5645 E. Raymond St., Indianapolis, IN 46203.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have done business, there in the past, did not know anyones name.... My thoughts and prayers are with him and the children, in this time of greif.....

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have only been in the shop a handful of times, but was always treated well. So sorry to hear of this. We should all be thankful for the blessings we have in our own lives, and always be humble. We never know what life will throw at us. My prayers for Scott and his family.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Just a note to say that Wanamaker Guns is open and Scott is back at work. I was there 2 days ago to complete a transfer. If you're on the SE side, stop in and take a look around. Like everyone right now, inventory is down but the shop is open.

jlwest1213

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    SE Indiana
    Very sad, my thoughts are with that family.

:( Just want everyone to know, if you have any dealings with Wanamaker Guns, it will be put on hold for a while. Scott's wife was put into hospice care yesterday with only days, if not hours left. She has stage 4 terminal brain cancer. They are only in thier mid 30's with two children. Scott has only been at the shop off and on for the past few months taking care of Jennifer. I would like everyone to take a minute and think about your family and try to imagine the hardships they are and will be going through in the future. Please, say a prayer for Jennifer and her family.

To all my dear friends I wanted to let you know that I had to put my soul mate, my best friend, my wife in hospice today.I can not tell you the hole that Jennifer will leave in my heart. Docotor says hour to a couple of days. Please pray for us. I think her soul is already at rest with the lord.

Top Bottom