• ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Necro posting my own thread.

I've decided to take another look at the PPS. Anyone know where I can find one to fondle? I remember not liking the paddle mag release but really liking everything else about it and really want to give it another chance.

Maybe compare it side by side with a G43 would be great.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I actually liked it quite a lot. The magazine release grew on me and I came to prefer it. I like how concealable it is. It felt good to shoot even in .40. The 9mm would be even easier. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is I too got out of .40 instead concentrating on 10mm and .45. It's just sat in the safe the last three years and my Springfield XDs .45 and my G29, which I have had since they first came out, have taken precedence.

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    The PPS is In my opinion a dark horse. One of my many modern era 9mm purchases of many and one of my favorites, dependable, accurate and easily concealable but a bit heavy for it's size though not prohibitively. It has a special place in the bedside drawer and I'll never sell although it stays behind for carry I like the PM9, for range it's the M&P 5" and for training it's the M&P 4.25". I will reiterate that it is one of my favorites.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The PPS is In my opinion a dark horse. .

I have always thought the two biggest contributors to its obscurity are the Euro style mag release and the cost. Walther has recently made a change to the later of these two factors and will hopefully see some market share gain because of it. But yeah it is a dark horse in the single stack sub gun market. In spite of being one of the first of its kind and one of the only ones to offer some of its unique features, which it is still the only one to offer modularity with interchangeable back straps and one of only a few with a light rail.

I didn't see its value as a $600.00 gun but as a ~$400.00 gun its merits shine brighter.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Went to Bradis today and found both a 43 and a PPS in stock along with a few other single stack 9mms Including the Shield and XDs. After lots of fondling I remember why I like the PPS so much. Best trigger by far out of the ones I felt, best ergos for my hands and no goofy safetys. Glock 43 was my second favorite but the grip shape would have me riding the slide stop in a firing position and the trigger is typical Glock which is not bad but the PPS is better. Only drawback is still the paddle mag release. But with all the other positives and now that it's 30 bucks cheaper than the 43 I went ahead and put the PPS in layaway.

As always Bradis rocks and always seem to have everything I'm looking for and more in stock and priced fairly.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Finally got a chance to take the PPS out for a spin. This was only the 2nd time this year I've been shooting, and I'm RUSTY. Really bad. Anyway the gun ran 150 rounds of WWB and Federal American Eagle flawlessly and shows great potential for accuracy in the hands of a better shooter. If I was in better form I'd post pics of my targets but they were awful so I didn't bother to take pics. Most were grouped fairly close but low and left. Meaning I'm flubbing the trigger pull. Which is actually really good but I'm very out of practice. When I slowed down and concentrated I could just barely miss the target.

Oh well it runs well and hits close I just need to practice with it more. Great little CC pistol and I'm sure it will get lots of carry time when I get better with it.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I really liked my 9mm PPS while I owned it. The only reason I got rid of it was because I picked a Boberg 9mm and I sold it to help fund that purchase.

tmiaz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Shelbyville
    I have been eyeballing the PPS for some time now and like you said... At $600 I couldn't come to spend the money on but now that they've dropped down to $400 it is a much greater option. I have shot a few Walthers (own a PPQ) and I love them. Super nice guns.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Go for it. I'm glad I got mine. I need to practice with it and get some night sights on it but it's a sweet little CCW. I want to get it back out soon and run some SD ammo through it to see what it likes. I thought the mag release would bother me but honestly I got used to it a lot faster than I thought I would and by the time I set my PPS down and picked up the G26 again I was hunting for the mag release on the trigger guard. I owned a PPQ M2 for a little bit and liked it a lot but not as much as my CZs.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Your thoughts on the Boberg?
    I like it. The price is really steep and you can't use cheap ammo in it, but I love the size and function. It's my favorite CC gun because it's so much smaller than other compact 9mm guns.

Both are 7+1 guns with and Boberg barrel is .15" longer.

P1000013.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom