• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noone1569

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    So after some debate and searching for a PPQ Navy, I went ahead and picked up a PPQ M2 in 9mm from Bradis last week.

Took it out to BGR today and put ~130 rounds down it myself and a friend put about 60 down it. He now is selling his XDM .40 to pick up a PPQ.

I only shot it with the factor installed, middle sized backstrap, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Practiced at 5, 10, 15 and 25 yards. Extremely accurate even with rapid fire. The fast slide and smooth trigger seem to help reset it very well for the next shot. I know I shouldn't have done this, but I even took it to the range without cleaning the factory grease, etc off of it, used cheap tulammo and some American Eagle brass through it without even one failure.

I've been a Walther guy for a while now, and am absolutely sold on the PPQ. I'll probably still look for a navy version, but this 9mm M2 is quite nice. I fired it back to back with a glock 23 gen 4, and while similar size, the PPQ felt much better in my hand and was just as accurate as the glock, and I did prefer the trigger pull of the PPQ over the glock.

Anyway, just my amateur experience with a PPQ. Very happy with this weapon, and it has certainly solidified my love of Walthers. The old PPS is not going to see as much carry duty as she used to.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    the .40 M1 version is my EDC. The wife has threatened to steal it to use at her EDC....need to find another soon before mine disappears...

noone1569

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Oh yeah, I'd love a .45 PPQ with a 5 inch ported barrel. What a hell of a service weapon that would be!

Glad to see that the PPQ is so well received; makes me feel better about dropping the coin on an expensive german.

Top Bottom