• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonewolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I am seriously considering buying a Walther PPQ, and from what everyone tells me it has the best factory trigger they have every felt in a plastic gun. I own Glocks, Sigs, Beretta's and more, but I am wanting something a little different to add to the collection. A family member owns a Walther P22 and it is a fun little gun, and I know Walther makes high quality firearms. I like the looks of the PPQ and it kinda reminds me of the HK45. Does anyone have any thoughts on this gun? Any info welcome!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I love my 9mm PPQ! Yes, the OOB trigger is incredible, very short/crisp reset. Anytime I shoot w/ family &/or friends, they always pick the PPQ as their favorite.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I have the 9mm and the 40 PPQ and both are a very good auto. The new one with the button release is just as good as the paddle release. Both very easy to use.

fbongo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Don't hesitate! Great range gun, best factory trigger I have shot and fits in my hand like a glove. The trigger guard mag release isn't a big deal for me, I like it - so the original or M2 would be fine. $500 would be a great buy, I picked mine up for $525 at a LGS a year ago.

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    I can't wait to see some warm weather and take my M2 to the range. I've a feeling it will be my go to 9mm over the Sig and S&W. Get a PPQ you won't regret it.

Lonewolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    After watching many reviews, I wanted to know how is it to carry? I know the slide is a little different shape than most guns. Watching MAC's review, it seems like a very accurate pistol! You cannot beat the price either; and it German made at that.

fbongo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Looks like it'd be very comfortable in your hand. Does anyone carry one?

I have been working with my Shield 9mm the last few days, dry firing at home and practicing draw, etc. for my CC once my Foxx holster arrives.

I went and grabbed the PPQ out of the safe to see what it felt like after working with the Shield - and...WOW! It really makes you appreciate how good the stock PPQ trigger is, and I think the Shield trigger is VERY good for a carry gun.

Some guys may have a different comfort level than I do carrying a gun with no safety and such a light trigger, but I personally would not carry it. I love it for the range, it is very accurate, but there has been more than once when I was surprised by a fraction of a second while lining up the sights on the paper and the lead heading downrange.

Last edited:

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Walter 9mm

There is a Walter 9mm m2 at Wabash Valley Armory can't tell you the price but over 600.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I have a PPQ in 40S&W as my EDC. I've carried it now for over a year now and I've had zero problems with it. When I first picked one up, I knew I had an instant winner. The feel of the stanrdard grip in my hand felt like a natural extension of my arm. It's not very often that you have an immediate, "this is the one" type of feeling, but that's what I had.

The slide release took me about 10 seconds to get used to it. Now, I can fire, drop the empty mag, and have the new mag in as soon as the empty mag clears. The sights were dialed in very well at the factory and straight out of the box I had a 12 round grouping about 6 inches across at 20 yards. The trigger pull is smooth as silk and there is just enough weight to it, that the kickback just barely registers in my mind while firing.

Obviously, I'm a big fan of this firearm. My only concern is keeping the wife from claiming it as her EDC and forcing me to go get another.

Top Bottom