• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    9mm PPQ owner. Awesome ergo, sweet trigger, very short reset, more accurate than I. Mine has been 100%, out of box, FMJ & HP = 0 failures.

It's typically my EDC, shares with shield in 9mm, pending clothing, where I'm going, etc.

Carry in comp Tac Infidel IWB @ 3:00 ish.

Easy to strip & clean.

Let some new shooters try it along with HK P30, XD, & nephew's Sig, they all picked it as their favorite. I personally still like my P30 a tiny bit better.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I carry a PPQ 9mm everyday. Pretty much what bmbutch said. Best trigger out of the box for a "DA" polymer autoloader hands down. Ergo's of a p30 with the function of a glock. I did a very in depth look at a PPQ when I fist picked one up in march........the review can be found here Walther PPQ 9mm......First impressions......Pic Heavy.

I have yet to meet someone that shoots the gun and doesn't like it. The only problems I have with it so far is the extended slide stop. My high, thumbs-forward grip will sometimes hit the slide stop and cause the slide not to lock back on an empty mag. I am currently working on a modification to solve this problem. If you get one, go straight to magnum research's website and order these Magnum Research MR Eagle 9mm Magazine, 15 Rounds - Style # MAGFA915, MRI Shop / MR Eagle Series Magazines. Exactky the same as Walther factory (made by mec-gar) for $20 less each.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Thanks for the imput pretty much a slamdunk. now i have to find one!

Yeah....that is the difficult part right now. It's nearly impossible to find ANY Walther pistols in stock. After this year, Walther and Smith and Wesson will be breaking ties. Walther has already setup offices here in the USA. They will be importing their own pistols. This will change the face of Walther and hopefully even improve their already excellent pistols.

There is nothing wrong with the S&W imported PPQ's so if you can find one new or used, I wouldn't hesitate. Well see how the transition occurs at the top of this year and hopefully we'll see 100% Walthers hit the shelf in the USA before too long. I know I will buy one as soon as they do.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I've been hemmin' and hawin' over this gun for quite some time. I have a very extensive 9MM Sig 'armory'...I also own a P30S...not really any reason for me to own a PPQ, right?

Well, when I found out that Walther will be 'Americanizing' this gun buy changing some features on it, I figured that any opportunity to buy a German one with the 'original trimmings' would be a good idea.

I got a call from Cabela's on Friday that one had come in and that they'd hold it for 8 days for me. Just took her home...

Now off to check out Groovy's sweet review...:rockwoot:

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The only problems I have with it so far is the extended slide stop. My high, thumbs-forward grip will sometimes hit the slide stop and cause the slide not to lock back on an empty mag. I am currently working on a modification to solve this problem.

Roll your strong hand thumb out away from the slide stop, your thumbs do not have to be forward to maintain a proper grip.

Just a note, some people have had issues with the mag research mags in their ppq, I would say they are fine for range use but would not use them for hd/ccw.

I've had the ppq for about a year now and probably 7-8k through it without a single malfunction of any sort. IMO, it is the best polymer gun on the market right now and you don't have to roll the dice on whether or not you're getting something that runs right out of the box. The only thing I suggest is to stipple the frame, makes a big difference as I find the stock gun too slippery. Heinie also has plans for NS so there will be some decent options out there, although I don't hate the factory NS.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    My only gripe is that I very rarely have an unintentional double tap. It is probably from limp wristing, resulting in a bumpfire. It has happened twice to me, out of about 500 rounds.

The trigger also feels a little too wide, but it doesn't affect accuracy. But overall it is a superior pistol. One of the best IMO.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Roll your strong hand thumb out away from the slide stop, your thumbs do not have to be forward to maintain a proper grip.

I would much rather cut down that oversized lever than change my grip. IMO, flagging your thumb(s) is not the most efficient way to grip a pistol and control recoil.

I did recently switch from the small to the medium backstrap and through about a dozen mags, I've had no issues. We'll see.

As far as the mags go, I have yet to have a malfunction with any of the baby eagle mags, but I haven't put them through any real training yet. As far as I can tell, they are exactly the same as my p99 mags. Same factory, same finish, same spring, same follower. Only time will tell. But I do agree, PPQ factory for carry for sure!

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    My only gripe is that I very rarely have an unintentional double tap. It is probably from limp wristing, resulting in a bumpfire. It has happened twice to me, out of about 500 rounds.

The trigger also feels a little too wide, but it doesn't affect accuracy. But overall it is a superior pistol. One of the best IMO.

When you pull the trigger rearward, leave it depressed for a sec and slowly release the trigger just enough to feel the reset. The more you practice with the trigger control, the better you will be able to control your shot and you will be surprised how much accuracy you gain. The PPQ has an amazing trigger.....definitely a game changer.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    PPQ 9mm

Love mine the best trigger pull on the market carry all the time I have others but I like my walter the best. Don't carry my 380 don't like the hammer and safety thinking about selling it to my son.

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I just got my PPQ .40 yesterday and cannot wait to get to the range with it! I got it at Midwest Gun&Range in Elkhart and was shocked to find out they had 3 others in stock! I believe they are all chambered in .40.
    They had it priced at $619 and to my surprise they matched Cabelas sale price of $599! :yesway: :draw::rockwoot:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I just got my PPQ .40 yesterday and cannot wait to get to the range with it! I got it at Midwest Gun&Range in Elkhart and was shocked to find out they had 3 others in stock! I believe they are all chambered in .40.
    They had it priced at $619 and to my surprise they matched Cabelas sale price of $599! :yesway: :draw::rockwoot:
    I've seen quite a few of them in .40, finding one in 9mm seems much more challenging. Not looking specifically for one though for reasons mentioned above.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Anyone with experience in one of these in 40? I already have a 229, 239, Glock 27, and USPc in 40 so I might be looking to add another to the stable.

I have one in .40. Great feeling gun, very accurate.

However; after about 400 rounds through the pistol, I started to have at least one failure to feed per mag. ?? :(

Haven't figured out the problem yet, but neither have I contacted the maker or done a proper amount of troubleshooting.

Ammo has become so scarce and friggin' expensive, I haven't properly put it through its paces.......

We'll see what transpires later in the new year. When and IF things lighten up, I'll work on getting this issue sorted out, repaired, or will trade or sell with full disclosure.

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Took my PPQ to the range yesterday (Saturday) for the first time. The trigger pull feels nice, it's very comfortable to shoot and is accurate but I did have a failure-to-load on my 2nd magazine. I'm not sure what to make of it as I'd never had one on my XDs.
    I really hope it was a one-time issue but the above comment leans otherwise. :nailbite:

Top Bottom