• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MacEoghan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Franklin
    Hey everyone. I'm in the market and I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with both versions of the Walther PPQ. Other than the mag release, is there any reason to purchase one over the other?

R33D0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Its pretty much just personal preference, the magazine release is the only thing different between the two function wise. Either way they are both great guns I have over a thousands rounds out of my m1.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    FWIW, I'm a fan of the "paddle" release. I know it's not on your list, but I really like the P99 AS, and that might be worth considering as well. Really sharp looking (as are the PPQ's IMO), and very nice ergonomics.

I still think if I see a P99C AS in 9mm, I'd be hard pressed not to snag it. But I'm not sure that model would be as much fun in 40. Which caliber were you thinking about?

Southwind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Please take this with a grain of salt as I just bought an M2 and am learning.

Walther mags are expensive and hard to find. There are Magnum Research Desert Eagle mags which are supposedly identical to the Walthers and are both cheaper and available. But, best I can tell, only for the M1.

Just something to consider.

MacEoghan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Franklin
    Personally, I prefer the paddle style release too. I would really love a p99 as, but in 9mm.. super hard to find. Believe me, I've been looking. All I can find in the p99 is .40.

Top Bottom