• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I'm not very familiar with Walther's and I'm not really sure of their value. A guy is offering me a Walther PPK/S imported by Interarms stainless that appears to be unfired but no box or papers. He is wanting about $500-$550 in trade. Is this a good deal? Help me out INGO!!!

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Interarms actually made them. Then Smith and Wesson made them. Now Walther is going to make them. All done stateside. I bought a Smith made one last December. $600 in stainless. Did a lot of researched afterward. Seems the Interarms ones needed the feed ramp polished to prevent FtF. I would try and talk him down a bit. No box or papers? New? It is a .380. Clocks new are in the $550 price range.

MML

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    The PPK ans S model has a loyal following and the 007 cool factor but using the trigger in double action on mine is horrible. My CC pistol is now a Sig 938.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I'm not very familiar with Walther's and I'm not really sure of their value. A guy is offering me a Walther PPK/S imported by Interarms stainless that appears to be unfired but no box or papers. He is wanting about $500-$550 in trade. Is this a good deal? Help me out INGO!!!

I too am interested in the PPK and PPK/S models. The looking into them I've done seems to show that most favor the Interarms manufactured/distributed versions over the newer production. With that said, new PPK or PPK/S when manufactured by Smith and Wesson could be had new for $525 +/-.
    Hope this helps some....

Stay safe

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Interarms was a Alexandria Va based importer.. Not a manufacture. One of many Pistols Interarms imported were Walther's.

There was a Stainless Walther PPK'S. No box...99 %... extra mag. Interarms Imported for 399.00 at Crackshot. in Anderson on Monday.

Last edited:

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    My Dad gave me his S&W PPK/S a few years ago. I loved the looks of the gun but hated the gun. It was very finicky and did not shoot good, so I sold or traded it away. I later picked up a very lightly used Interarms PPK that was worlds of difference better in terms of shootability, reliability with both FMJ and HP ammo, and accuracy. In fact, I still have it and carry during the work week. I have frequently priced PPK's both S&W and IA and think you'd be hard pressed to find one under $500 (at least a good one). In fact, IA's are getting harder to come by. Don't be fooled by S&W feed ramp improvement. It made no matter on mine. Also there is some hammer bite on them but that can be solved by grip. I came across a you-tube video that showed how to eliminate the bite with proper grip. It works for me. If you want a PPK I say the trade is worth it for the IA and not the S&W.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a S&W PPK/S and paid $550 for it. It sure is a pretty gun but has been the most unreliable gun I've ever owned. It took well over 500 rounds and some polishing the ridge at the top of the feed ramp to get it to work well. The SA trigger is pretty good, but the DA trigger make a Nagant pistol DA look light. It now runs well and is a lot of fun to shoot, but I don't know that I'll ever carry it.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Bought the pps by smith and wesson well it's stamped on front of slide about a month ago nice little gun paid 557 plus tax. They were on grabagun.com for around 510.00 so that would have been a cheaper option

Top Bottom