• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    After a year long wait, at the 1500 I actually got to physically pick up a PK380. I guess I was expecting something more, but I had an underwhelming first impression. Based on that impression I'm not sure if I want to go forward with owning one.

As any red-blooded INGO member would do, I am starting a post to see if any Walther fans out there either own one or has shot one? (I guess my assumption here is that somewhere in the 6000 plus members there might be a few members who like Walthers.):)

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    After a year long wait, at the 1500 I actually got to physically pick up a PK380. I guess I was expecting something more, but I had an underwhelming first impression. Based on that impression I'm not sure if I want to go forward with owning one.

As any red-blooded INGO member would do, I am starting a post to see if any Walther fans out there either own one or has shot one? (I guess my assumption here is that somewhere in the 6000 plus members there might be a few members who like Walthers.):)

11 min...nobody...:shady:

:D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    There were 2 or 3 dealers at the 1500 who had PK380s. I looked one over, more out of curiosity than anything else, and was equally underwhelmed. But then, I'm not a fan of the P22, and the PK380 pretty much follows that pattern.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't like the "space-age" design of the P22 or the PK380. It's just a little thick and clunky for my taste. My :twocents:.

Not to jack the thread, but why doesn't Walther (or anyone else for that matter) make a high capacity 22 or 380 version? I might be swayed to love the style if that grip was packed full of double stacked ammo...

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Interesting.

I handled one at the 1500 and thought it was great. Ugly, but felt really nice. It's about the smallest size "real" handgun I'd care to have. I'd like to get one for the Mrs. and get her away from the .22.

wanderer32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    South, Louisiana
    The PK 380 is a decent feeling and shooting gun. It is of the recoil type and not the blow back style like the p22. I have bought one of the 380s just out of curiosity and gave it to the wife as she can rack the slide easier on it than the p-22 and it is the smallest I would let her CC. The PK380 is a little more refined than the P22 but has a few strange ideas in it If I had not bought this out of curiosity and I knew then what I know now, (read below) I would have jumped past this for something more solid.

I called Walther about some parts and the Walther personnel were quick to point out that the P22, SP22 and PK380 are not built by Walther. They have 30,000 plus parts for true Walthers but none for these guns. The three above are built by Umarex which he says is a good toy company and imported by Smith & Wesson so he gave me their number to call for the parts. He said the true Walther people feel about it like we would if Mattel bought Smith & Wesson or Colt and started making cheap guns. Also the only reason that they hung the Walther banner on these guns is because Umarex bought Walther in 1994 so they can stick the banner where they want. They knew if the they hung the Umarex name on these guns they would not sell so they labeled them as Walther knowing people would think they were getting a good quality, trouble free life long gun and doing it cheaper. So we fall for it, Buy the cheap gun, work on them and repair some of the shoddy work inside that looks like a toy manufacturer was there to get bugs out. I compare my p22, (which is a fun gun to shoot) to my Phoenix hp22 which is also a blast to shoot. Had to do the same amount of work inside to refine them both. The Phoenix with 2 barrels, 2 magazines and a lifetime warranty cost about 1/3 of the p22.

nester2805

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    i have a walther pk380 and i havent had one problem with it. I have used all different brands of ammo in it and never a misfire. i think it is a lot better then the p22.

Top Bottom