• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Yes, Gander Mountain. I know that can be a taboo thing to say here, however, they have the Walther P22 on sale for $279 (after $70 rebate) for the next week.

This seems to be a good price from some quick searching. I'm thinking of picking one up for fun plinking. I currently have my dad's late 1960s High Standard Citation target 22 which shoots fantastic - it is pretty good shape and some keep telling me to give it a good cleaning and quit shooting it.

Thoughts?

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    I picked up a Walther SP22 for a similar price last year. They had less than 10 in stock and the line was 10 deep before the store opened.

Point is, if you want one, get there early the morning the sale starts.

Believe it or not, two of the guys who were there at the crack of dawn showed up without any ID... Needless to say they went home empty handed.

Tripwire25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    I bought one when they first came out. Fun little gun. I have the 5 inch barrel. I need to find the 3.5 inch barrel. Anyone know if someone carries it in stock in the Indy area?

Fun to run with my Outback II can. My only complaint is the cheap plastic sights.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I saw that and thought about buying another one for the wifey.

Still doesnt beat the deal gander had a couple of years ago on the P22 for $249.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Yeah, I was thinking about my wife as well. While she doesn't care for shooting much - she took one range lesson from a good friend of ours - she has recently made a couple vague side references on being open getting one.

I was also looking at a very lightly used CZ P-07 at the local Gander Mt last week ($419). I get off work early tomorrow, if both are in.... it could be a pricey trip.

:draw:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not a bad price. Fun gun, I have had mine for several years now and still love it. Great plinker, I couldnt even guess how many rounds I have put through it, but I know it gets shot more than any of my other guns.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    They were $269 last week at Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka. If you anybody is within driving distance, they should really sign up for midwest's email newsletter, they have some pretty good sales.

inav8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Pendleton
    It's $279 after a $70 mail in rebate. So it was $349 + tax out the door.

I fell for it and bought one from the Gander in Castleton. Worked with Bill - a rather nice guy. After I got home, I showed the wife and lost points for spending $$$. Oh well.

On a semi-related note: I found tons of .22LR at the Wal-Mart on 96th!

waltherp22.jpg

Last edited:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Just shot my new P22 for the first time last night, 100% reliabilty with mini-mags, way more accurate than people give it credit for, and a ton of fun.

Top Bottom