• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I had the five inch model and didn't like the compensator. It is secured to the barrel sleeve by set screws and always seemed to have a little wobble to it. I now have an OD green and black regular barrel and I'm very happy. So far I haven't found any ammo it doesn't like. Reassembly is tricky at first but you will get the hang of it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    No problems with my P22. Broke it in with a few hundred rounds of mini-mags, and it now feeds bulk packs just fine. Well over 1000 rounds through it, and no jams in the last 2 bulk packs.

Never heard of the slide issue until now. I'll have to look into it.

This is a small gun. My wife really likes it, and I shoot it OK.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    I bought the 3.4" about a year ago. Then I bought a used 5" barrel just to check accuracy. It increased accuracy a little. I have probably 1500 rounds thru it now, & has been reliable. It needs a minimum of 500 rounds for break in. I have never had my compensator loosen up. :patriot:

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    My P22 has probably 5k plus rounds of Federal Bulk Pack and SubSonic's through it. No issues whatsoever. A few FTE's, but those are very rare.

A friend of mine liked it so much he bought one, and has approximately 3k rounds through his. No problems whatsoever.

No slide cracks, no slides falling off, no issues. They are G2G.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I like the look and feel of these. Reassembly PITA is something I've heard about alot of guns that turned out to be overblown. Never had any trouble with a Ruger and am sure the P22 is doable too. The slide issue is going to take a little looking into. I don't want to buy a gun that's going to be unsafe or out of production soon. Thanks for all the good responses!

merkava1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    A lot of things in life are doable that are not really worth doing. To me, the rimfire gun that needs tools for maintenance better have some redeeming qualities compared to Sig Mosquito and the like. The P22 is fun to shoot, so is the Mark 3. I just like to have a pistol that I can take down anywhere anytime with bare hands, no paperclips or guide rods. I am not arguing with the Ruger or Walther owners who have made up their minds on a lot of things. I am donating my two yuans to someone still in doubt, by saying IMHO there are better choices.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I have a short barrelled one and its been flawless. I have shot cheap federal, aquila, even those 60 grain ones and it has shot flawlessly with narry a hiccup. Fun gun.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    own one, wife had to have one, dad shot it and bought one too. Fun little guns!

RedDot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    They are great. I have the shorter barrel with threads for a suppressor. I have put thousands of rounds through mine with very little quirks. My complaint is how wonky the sights are. My front sight fell off and had to call Walther for a replacement (free) and the rear sight is just a little too wiggly for me. But hey it's a great gun to shoot all day for very cheap...

Kimber1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    HI. I'm the guy who told kalboy about the Walther P22 slides breaking. There is a lot of info on this if you Google it.

I'm not good at posting links but perhaps kalboy could post the link to a thread on a different forum where I posted on this matter and have a picture of my own cracked slide on a P22. This occurred just this past weekend.

I have fired different rounds through my P22 but when I was shooting at the time of this incident I was shooting MiniMAgs as my P22 seemed to prefer them.

I was out shooting a box of MiniMAgs and on round # 59 the slide went down range several feet. Upon recovering the slide I noticed a crack 3/4 of the way through the slide on both sides near the front sight.

To their credit, I called for a repair and Walther/S&W is sending a shipping label and said they will take care of the problem.

I am not anti P22 or any other gun and I really enjoyed my P22 up untill this time and look forward to having it back in action.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    HI. I'm the guy who told kalboy about the Walther P22 slides breaking. There is a lot of info on this if you Google it.

I have fired different rounds through my P22 but when I was shooting at the time of this incident I was shooting MiniMAgs as my P22 seemed to prefer them.

I was out shooting a box of MiniMAgs and on round # 59 the slide went down range several feet. Upon recovering the slide I noticed a crack 3/4 of the way through the slide on both sides near the front sight.

Do you know the total round count on the P22?

Kimber1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Do you know the total round count on the P22?

Sorry I never counted but it was higher than most of the round counts that I have seen posted. BTW, seems like a nice forum even though I am from PA and thanks for the welcome kalboy.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Think I might also take a look at a Micro Buckmark. Sounds like folks like the Sig Mosquito too. Always had heard they were ammo picky at least until well broken in but that's often the case with rimfires .

krn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Downtown
    last week pop guns had a used mosquito for a decent price. i don't know if its still there. i just got a p22 and i really enjoy shooting it, so does my girlfriend. she has problems shooting 9mm + so i got this so we can go shoot together.

krn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Downtown
    btw we shot 200 rounds of cci mini mags with no problems. i was expecting something to go wrong but i took everyones advice and shot quality ammo through it. though the federal bulk pack looked tempting...

Top Bottom