• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anelson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Indiana
    I have read in many other post about buying "lizzard liter" and such things much cheaper than brand name media. I went and bought some off brand crushed walnut and ran it the the tumbler for about 6 hours. It really didnt do much of any cleaning. I changed it out with some old dirty corncob and the cases are looking alot better in a mater of about an hour??? Is there a certain brand that you guys are using or does it just take longer with walnut?
    Thanks
    Nelson

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I purchased some walnut media at Pet Smart found it in the bird section i think it goes in the bottom of their cages can not remember the brand name but it worked really well, it was a fine grain. I use walnut to clean does a good job on the dirty stuff, use corn cob to polish. :twocents:

Anelson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Indiana
    Ive heard of the nufinish trick just never needed it becuase I have been using corncob. It has always come out real nice. I bought the walnut at pets mart as well but after 6hrs and next to no difference I didnt know what to think. I may go out to harbor freight and and get a bag there cause the stuff im using just isnt cutting it.
    Thanks for the help
    Nelson

jbrittin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    I also use the walnut bedding from pets mart, with a cap full of turtle wax. works great for me in vibratory and rotary tumblers. Only thing is that the media is the perfect size to get stuck in the flash holes of the primer pickets. Kind of a pain in the ass if you're preparing tons of cases at a time...

Top Bottom