• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Quit sounding like a jerk; you don't have to buy another gun.

[quote: All the local shops are price gouging..... That makes them crooks in my books. No better than walmart. And every one else including members of this board that are price gouging they are hipocrites and crooks too., and can kiss my butt.[/quote]

An hour after the planes hit the twin towers I went to a gas station in Columbus IN to fill up and they had already raised the price of their gas over fifty cents a gallon; that's price gouging. You don't know what the distributors are charging the shops or what the manufacturers are charging the distributors so don't throw dirt at people until you know all the facts. Same with what people selling guns on this forum paid for their gun or how they priced it for sale.

You don't like the price, don't buy the gun, we are not talking food or gas or heating oil or medical care; another gun is not a necessity the last I knew.
    :twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd kill for a good butcher... best thing was Omalias and then with the Marsh fiasco I don't have the one down the street from me anymore at 10th and girlschool and have to drive downtown for any decent meat.

That being said I"ll buy a lot from walmart, ammo included... but I'd never buy a firearm from them, I'd buy from Don's before I'd buy from wally world.

Value Mart in Moorseville is family owned and operated. We get our meat there as it's way cheaper, and EXCELLENT meat. We usually buy meat 10-15-20lbs at a time.

I'd never buy my ammo at Wal-Mart. Not only if you use credit cards do they keep track of people who buy and how much. I'm pretty sure I read where they were going to start making people show ID and sign a ledger when they buy ammo too. Some states' Walmarts have implemented this, apparently IN hasn't yet. They will though. I'd rather spend a few pennies more and shop with the local guy before Wal-Marx. :draw:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    We all live in a fishbowl today

I'd never buy my ammo at Wal-Mart. Not only if you use credit cards do they keep track of people who buy and how much. I'm pretty sure I read where they were going to start making people show ID and sign a ledger when they buy ammo too. Some states' Walmarts have implemented this, apparently IN hasn't yet. They will though. I'd rather spend a few pennies more and shop with the local guy before Wal-Marx. :draw:

I don't understand why this is a problem; your buying habits are tracked all the time, in stores as well as on the internet. When you purchased a gun through an FFL dealer that information is kept for twenty years.
    If it ever gets to the point that the US government comes to confiscate our firearms my guess it that will be the least of our problems.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's a problem when it comes to ammo. Some people stay off the radar with their gun purchases (FTF sales) and pay for their ammo in cash. If they record your ammo sales, they know how much you have. Even if you reload they could track how much supplies you buy and guess from there. That's why it's a problem. Just as bad as ammo registration.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    It's a problem when it comes to ammo. Some people stay off the radar with their gun purchases (FTF sales) and pay for their ammo in cash. If they record your ammo sales, they know how much you have. Even if you reload they could track how much supplies you buy and guess from there. That's why it's a problem. Just as bad as ammo registration.

I guess my question is "so what" if someplace someone knows you bought ten boxes of 9mm ammo. Unless you are purchasing a skid load and belong to some fringe wacko anti-government organization I doubt anyone is looking at yours or my purchase of ammo.

I would love to find out how much ammo is purchased every day in the US and how much is shot everyday. How can any organization track that kind of usage. Wal-Mart is required to make sure under age people do not buy ammo and probably track it like underwear or wiper blades for inventory purpose; I doubt they are spying for the government.

I have no criminal intentions so I really have no problem with Wal-Mart or any other business recording my ammo purchases. To each their own. I had to give the FBI access to my computer so I can do E-Checks from NICS for my FFL business. Again, I do nothing illegal so I don't have an issue with this.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Can we just agree that theres a lot of gouging going one every where? And that its hard to know which are the lesser of evils?

Heres a thought..... would you rather A: shop at walmart and be ready when SHTF because they made it cheaper to do so and you could then afford to be stocked up and ready.

Or option B. Buy the "SAME STUFF" "made by the same companys" some where else spend more and not be able to be prepared. Do you think these local shop owners will take care of you for being a good customer?

You all cry about free market. But at the same time hate walmart for Being part of this Free market....... Theres a word for that! you should look it up!

Like I have stated! Its not the store. Its the shopper and what Items he/she buys. A Item made in Taiwan. Wont change because its sold in a local shop. Its still made in Taiwan......

I dont care where people shop. But I personally prefer to buy American Made!
    It dont matter what store it comes from!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I do believe it WAS the Federal Government making deals to have Walmart track ammo purchases!! That's the whole point! There was even another thread on this here. I don't care how much ammo is purchased and shot everyday, it's just another useless statistic. If you want to know, ask people. Some won't tell, some will. It's about PRIVACY. Even shops tracking your buying habits is invasion of privacy on the grounds that they do not inform, nor ask, the customer if they would like to "opt out" of this sort of practice.

And what happens when they DO start confiscating guns or they implement the Ammunition Micro Stamping and force people to dispose of their ammo supplies so they can track ammo?

It's not about the legality so much as it is about privacy. Do you want the gov to track every move you make of every day? I'm not doing nor do I plan on engaging in illegal activity, but again, that's not the point. Give them an inch and you give them a mile. And people don't care. That's what pisses me off. Sorry. I'm not attacking you, I'm just saying it's BS and just because you're not doing anything illegal doesn't mean that tracking our ammo and gun purchases isn't wrong and will not lead to more forms of restriction.

Turtle, you make some good points, but the money you spend at Walmart doesn't exactly stay here in America. Same with anything imported you buy. I'm guilty of buying foriegn. I admit it, but I prefer to purchase American, just as you do. AND I would prefer to pay a little more to support my neighbors who are barely making it than to give my money to Corporate Millionaires.

And again, remember, if it wasn't for Wal-Marx, more people would own their own buisnesses, more people WITH buisnesses would employ more people as demand went up, and there would be no need for Walmart.

Maybe Walmart would be better if they were locally owned and operated, but that's just not the case.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Worry about what you can change

I try to buy American but many products are only made overseas and the Japanese autos are of higher quality standards and hold their value more than the American models and are now made in the US. This is a FACT! I used to be a second tier supplier for the auto manufacturers and always bought American (my 1991 Miata was the only exception) until 2001 when I bought my first Honda and have not turned back. All you read in this forum is how wonderful Glocks, HK's and the other European firearms are. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

At sixty-four, I have been around longer than many INGO members so I am reading the same conspiracy ranting today as I heard forty years ago, and I am sure was spouted forty years before that, and forty year earlier, etc……….. The place to fight this is in the voting booth and by supporting the NRA, not stocking ammo under your bed.

I don’t worry about someone coming into my house and taking my guns and ammo, never have, never will. As stupid as some politician are they know that tactic would never fly in this country. I have enjoyed my guns since I was fourteen years old and never had a desire to own a machine gun or a flame thrower or rocket launcher. I served in the military and in Vietnam so I have no desire to own AR-15’s or swat style weapons, give me a nice revolver any time. I enjoy my guns as much as the next person but they do not consume me, I don’t worry about things I can’t control. I belong to the NRA and I am willing to let them fight for my rights and will continue to buy my ammo at Wal-Mart or any store that has the lowest prices and they can record my name to their little hearts content. Just one mans opinion.

I wonder how many people who are bitching about Obama and are running out to buy more guns while the getting is good never bothered to go out and vote last month? I bet the number would surprise you.

Can anyone supply written official documentation that the US Government requested Wal-Mart to track ammo sales for them, not BS from the internet forums. Does that even make sense?

And what happens when they DO start confiscating guns or they implement the Ammunition Micro Stamping and force people to dispose of their ammo supplies so they can track ammo?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I will try to find the article later when my company leaves. I read about through AP news and found the website, I believe it was a bill that Congress tried to pass. The ATF was the record holders. Again, when I don't have company I will look for it.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I will try to find the article later when my company leaves. I read about through AP news and found the website, I believe it was a bill that Congress tried to pass. The ATF was the record holders. Again, when I don't have company I will look for it.

Wal Mart is not in with the Federal Government from what I have read, it is the Coalition of Mayors. Perhaps you have other info.

Dick

A coalition of mayors in favor of gun control, led by Michael R. Bloomberg of New York and Thomas M. Menino of Boston, said on Monday that it had reached a 10-point agreement with Wal-Mart, the country’s largest seller of guns, to track the sale of firearms more closely.
    The agreement between Wal-Mart and the group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, which Mr. Bloomberg helped to organize in 2006, calls for turning a more watchful eye on firearm sales, including videotaping sales of guns and conducting criminal background checks on store clerks who handle guns.
    It also calls for keeping a record each time the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives links a gun bought at Wal-Mart to a crime. If a person who buys a gun linked to a crime were to return to a Wal-Mart to buy another gun, the purchase would be flagged. It would then be up to the store whether to permit the purchase.
    When fully put into effect, the agreement would also prohibit the sale of a gun to someone whose background check comes back with inconclusive results. In many states, people are permitted to buy firearms even if a background check comes back with inconclusive results.
    “This would be good politics to get behind,” Mr. Bloomberg said at a news conference in Washington with other mayors from across the country. “Hopefully it doesn’t take that as a consideration to get you to do the right thing. But if nothing else, the public wants to stop the craziness of letting people who are criminals get guns.”

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I buy my 40SW and .22 ammo at my local Wal-Mart store on 37 and it is the lowest price in town. They are the only place that sells .22 shorts for about the same price as LR, places like Gander Mountain are double that. A box of 550 .22LR for around $15.

They carry 9mm and most of the other sizes too. Paid $31 for a box of 100 Winchester 40SW target ammo including sales tax. Great prices, better than I can buy at bulk from the distributors.
    And if you think Wal-Mart is going to go out of business because you and a few others don't care for the store get real. :twocents:

I buy all my WWB at the Plainfield store, but the Avon one only has shotgun stuff like most of them now :(

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can't find the bill, but to my credit, I've been playing SC too. I know it was lobbied for by the mirco-stamping company out of Seattle. It's not a bill in committee that I know of but it is ammo they are preparing to use. They started to try this in Cali but have no info on this. I will do some digging in the next couple days.

Top Bottom