• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    The title kinda says it all. I'm just wondering what Walmarts in INDY sell rifles still. I'm in the southport area. But think that a list of all locations would be useful to this forum. So lets hear it! Where are those gun selling Walmarts hiding? .... They still sell the 10/22? I'm thinking I want one..:rockwoot:..... Tax time will come soon enough. :draw:

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I can't think of any WalMarts that still sell firearms. My guess would be that none do. The Brownsburg store was one of the last ones that still sold them but it has not done so for two or three years.

WalMart still has some of the best ammo prices if that's any consolation.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Thought I saw them in Nobletuckey a while back, but haven't been there recently.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    The Wal-Mart on the south side of Columbus across the street from Lowes still sells firearms and has a decent variety of long-guns. I was talking to a associate at the Franklin Wal-mart and he said that the new regional manager was a gun guy and hunted, so they are hoping that a few of the stores in this area will start carryinh firearms again.
    I worked in sporting goods there for 6 years and when they removed their guns I left, that and they like to hire smart @$$ punks to be the associate managers (about 4 down the ladder from store manager) who usually do not have a clue!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Honestly I hate walmart. But I like saving money and will buy from where I find the best gun at the best price. Would prefer to buy from Bradis or order from Karl. But buy my 9mm & 22lr ammo from Walmart and thought what the hell might as well look for one with guns.

Also its not that Walmart is bad. They sell lots of american made things for less. My ammo is made in USA. And another American has a job as long as I buy ammo thats american made. I dont matter where I buy it. And the local gun-shops have made mad money jacking there prices up ripping off the lil man... just like the billion $$$ companys.

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    I can't think of any WalMarts that still sell firearms. My guess would be that none do. The Brownsburg store was one of the last ones that still sold them but it has not done so for two or three years.

WalMart still has some of the best ammo prices if that's any consolation.

The one down here in Clarksville sells long guns, Rifles, Shottys and Cap & Ball.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I was in Walmart on E. Washington street last night and I was surprised to find that they still sell black powder CVA brand rifles. They also had WWB 9mm ammo for $16 per 100ct box.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I believe the Super Walmart in SE Goshen does and the one on CR 6 in Elkhart does. The other 2 in the county do not. Doesn't it give you a warm feeling that one county has four.

Having said that, I buy my guns at ZX Guns in Goshen or Midwest in Mishawaka or Elkhart.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    a853_thumb.jpg

Support you're local gun shop, not the corporation who's policy is not to allow you to carry in their stores. I don't care how many people they employ, just think of the "mom and pop" shops that could expand and hire those people if Wal-Marx went out of buisness and left town! You're local Red and White or IGA would regain buisness and stay open 24/7 and hire more workers. Specialty shops would actually do buisness and in turn, more would open up!

:rantoff:

The Wal-Hell in Plainfield only sells pellet/bb/black powder/air rifles and the ammo for each. Nothing else but Shotgun shells.

Eff Wally Hell, Wal-Marx, Sheet-mart, whatever.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Clarksville had one of 2 different 10/22 on Thursday. Cheapest was 197.00. Dick's in Clarksville had same price but were out. Bass Pro was $20.00 cheaper but also had none. Wal-mart also had a 30-06 on sale but was out. Actually, they were out of 2/3 of their rifles. Had some shotguns.
    On a related note:
    Lowes Greenwood had none of the Liberty safes and Menard's on Emerson had 1 in stock at 1100.00

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Reason to buy at WalMart

There is one excellent reason to buy a 10/22 at WalMart. The model affectionately known as the Wally World Special is available only at WalMart. It's the last 10/22 I bought. Got it just before the Beech Grove WM stopped selling guns. It's a nice rifle with a nice stock. I've heard rumors that the barrel is no longer stainless but painted silver. Can't verify that, mine's stainless. I did swap it out in favor of a Green Mtn stainless sporter to get better accuracy and still keep the factory look.

standard.jpg

DRob

Cricket Tickler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    a853_thumb.jpg

Support you're local gun shop, not the corporation who's policy is not to allow you to carry in their stores.

I'm sorry, I do not understand this statement. They do not allow their employees to carry or John Doe off the street? I'm having trouble understanding how they can stop me or anyone else from carrying in their store. Especially, if they don't know I'm carrying.

btwelch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    I'm sorry, I do not understand this statement. They do not allow their employees to carry or John Doe off the street? I'm having trouble understanding how they can stop me or anyone else from carrying in their store. Especially, if they don't know I'm carrying.

"Corporate policy" is no personal firearms on the property. If they see it, you'll be asked to leave. If you refuse, youre breaking the law and will be dealt with accordingly.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    "Corporate policy" is no personal firearms on the property. If they see it, you'll be asked to leave. If you refuse, youre breaking the law and will be dealt with accordingly.

Exactly. No local Gun Shops do not allow loaded firearms either, but would you like someone to pull out there pistol to unload it to show someone and it go off? There are too many careless people out there. Not only that, but I was in AAC a month or so back and this guy and girl walked in while we were talking and they were high on something. Luckily they only wanted ammo, but the guy was obviously intoxicated.

Now would you like that guy to walk in fondling a loaded firearm? :n00b:

I don't support Wal-Mart for MANY reasons. The fact that they don't want me protecting myself in one of the most targeted retail chains by criminals is why I can call them Wal-Marx.

Top Bottom