• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Exactally how I feel, but I keep getting told its all about "the free market system". Frankly I believe it all about greed.

Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. -Gordon Gecko

While I hate the reseller trash that have nothing better to do with their lives than ilk off of someone's panic, I have to admit: That's capitalism. How many people scream for less government interference in business but then howl about capitalistic practices? Capitalism is location, location, location, mixed with buy low/sell high. These reseller trash are there when no one else is, buying the ammo at a low cost. They then sell it at a cost the market will bear (and when people are panicked over something asinine as what's happening now, it will bear an exorbiant price).

I don't agree with it, but it's how it is. If people don't like it, the EU has several anti-"gouging" laws (gouging as you call it), might feel more comfortable there. :noway: At least take pride in the fact that you aren't wasting your time at Walmart, spending hours waiting for ammo when you could be doing something constructive, like reloading, working out, raising a family, finding a secondary hobby. It isn't the end of the darn world 'cause you didn't get 5 year ago pricing on a bulk pack of .22 so you can blow it at the range. :twocents:

Last edited:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Either petition the government for some price controls or stop WHINING. Gouging threads are getting to be the biggest waste of space on the forum.

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    Walmart is hurting themselves, just like every other corporation that decides to act like a left wing fart sniffing hippie. Lets do a census walmart...let's see how many of your customers nationwide are avid firearm enthusiasts, or a family member of one, or just right winged enough to care.

Now lets take that number and factor in how many of them are willing to shop somewhere else to prove a point, just like you are trying to do. I would say it comes out to be the greater majority of your clientele. Now obviously you don't think things through, but I bet you're even telling yourself that this wont have a massive affect on your sales, and that you're financially stable enough as a company to sustain that kind of blow. Maybe you are at first, but get real.

Everyone needs to remove their head from there rectal cavity and come back to reality. Right wingers are stubborn, and right wingers are the people who make this country run, so in the end you need us, and you need us happy. So, maybe it would be wise to quit pissing everyone of us off. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I do petition the government. Never think I don't make my voice heard here, there and any where else I think it can be spread around. People have died to give me this right so I am for sure not going to dirty their sacrifice by not exercising it. I never miss a vote and I write, email, phone and even visit those who represent me and tell them exactly how I feel they should be representing me.

I'm not whining though I do find it odd so many feel that hen it is an opposing opinion this is the best tactic to take.
    No doubt I've done it too but try looking long term, which I will get my chance to show in time, and you will find I tend not to make fun or call names.
    The facts are good enough for me so I stick to them and am glad to repeat them when people try to twist my words or put different ones in my mouth.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'm not whining though I do find it odd so many feel that hen it is an opposing opinion this is the best tactic to take.
    No doubt I've done it too but try looking long term, which I will get my chance to show in time, and you will find I tend not to make fun or call names.
    The facts are good enough for me so I stick to them and am glad to repeat them when people try to twist my words or put different ones in my mouth.

warthog said:
    You guys really have the patter down well.

Keepsa you from having to confront reality. Must be nice in your world.

warthog said:
    That's just how a free market works folks. Bigger companies are able to gobble up smaller ones by the sheer volume of their sales. Therefore when it comes time to decide who gets what when there isn't much to go around, the big guys get taken care of first so they don't get angry and take their business elsewhere. That would be a disaster for the producer who only wants to sell as much product to the retail outlets as possible. To heck with the Mom & Pop stores and the service they give, they're not worth the trouble in the bigger picture.

Maybe one of our great Economists here can correct me if I am wrong.

warthog said:
    You just can't do it because they are already decided so it come down to doing what Solomon warns me not to do, argue with fools.

warthog said:
    At this point I retire and yield the field to the conquering heroes.

warthog said:
    You people who talk this way are economic ignorants.
    You have no idea what you are saying and never will because you only say what Fox news or Rush tells you to say, free thought before free markets is my plan. Being able to understand what the heck I am talking about before I try to meddle with world events is a lot more important than looking like a green toothed yokel every time I open my mouth about things I don't truly understand.

warthog said:
    And I never said they were. If I did you can show me where that was please.

Can you even understand what I said or should I dumb it down further?
    I mane the linked post, did you even read that yet?

but here you are telling me stuff I already addressed. OOPS.

warthog said:
    These panics always wind up hurting the shooting sports in the long run. Period. There is no upside to them, period. Those who help perpetuate them are the worst sort of person there is, get it? If you are trying to sell your brass at a dollar a piece, you are scum. Same goes for any other gouger trying to turn a fast buck. If you go to Gander Mountain and clean the place out so you can "flip" it online for three times what it cost you, you're a pig that will hopefully find themselves in need someday and no one will help them because we will all remember you and how you sold us all out to the Antis.

:dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    For that matter - why isn't walmart selling all of their ammo at cost.

GREEDY COMPANY.

Bash the free market, while completely ignoring the fact that the free market created the ability to sell said products in the first place.

This is a temporary shortage. Settle down. Don't like the panic prices? Don't pay the price. After all, sellers will have to lower their prices or sit on their ammo if you don't pay the price. Bills will come due, they'll have to lower the price to get their money to pay their bills. This isn't rocket science. We have temporary shortages and the market can correct them.

The world isn't going to end if you don't get to shoot your gun for a few months, or you have to skip eating out so you can buy ammo instead. Whining about it on the internet doesn't get you anywhere.

As bad as the economic intelligence is of the average American, I'm amazed that our federal government isn't $100 trillion in debt.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Either petition the government for some price controls or stop WHINING. Gouging threads are getting to be the biggest waste of space on the forum.

Ok, lets do away with all price controls and subsidities, then you'al can have $8/9 dollar a gal. milk! Plus all the increases in other food products.

Then you won't need to concern youself with the ammo gougers, unless you are part of the 2%.:laugh:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Ok, lets do away with all price controls and subsidities, then you'al can have $8/9 dollar a gal. milk! Plus all the increases in other food products.

Then you won't need to concern youself with the ammo gougers, unless you are part of the 2%.:laugh:

However did the world survive before price controls and subsidies?

And for that matter - where, exactly, do you think the money for said subsidies comes from.

If the Federal government takes 30% of my income, then pays that directly to farmers as subsidies and I save a few bucks on a gallon of milk, what have I really saved?

Of course, I'm not going to convince you.

MML

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    It was no more than a rumor that got out of control my local walmart gets ammo deliveries daily they stock the shelves only during the day although some shipments are better than others.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    No you're not, because its spread across the masses, not one at a time when you buy the gal. of milk.

But then you wouldn't understand obviously. You consider only you understand the economy, regardless of anyone elses experience. I think you believe only education is what knowledge is based.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    However did the world survive before price controls and subsidies?

By and large people sure eat better today than in the past. At least it sure looks that way watching the crowds. Also looks that way watching those checking out with food stamps.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm surprised after seeing how much buying power Walmart has, that they cannot try to corner that market.. seems they would do better in sales that were lacking last I heard on Fox Buisness.... I know I've been to Wally world about 40 times the past few weeks.. lol sad I know.. but those $40 boxes of WWB are too nice to have in the safe.. :)

Top Bottom