• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    My walmart has boat paddles just sitting out on their own. I can't believe someone hasn't grabbed one and started beating people with it. Its a dangerous place.

That's nothing! My wife tells me they have scissors out where anyone could grab them. I saw these curtain rods that you could POKE an eye out with. THEY HAVE PLASTIC BAGS!! every heard of suffocation?? And when I saw the kitchen wash cloths. MY GOD, someone could jam that down someone's throat!

timeforchili

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    So I'm at the local Walmart with my wife and child. They are doing some shopping so I decided to go to the sporting goods, as I get there I notice the glass door to the guns is unlocked. Right in front of there AR section. I look around and find no one around, also the gate to the counter is wide open. Then to top it all off. I see the keys to everything on the back side of the counter. I was shocked!!! I stayed there as got on the entercom for a manager to come over ASAP. Finally 10 mins later I see a guy walking up. He asked me of I needed help. I told him I was the one that called over there phone and told him everything that was wrong. I then told him that of an ATF or someone came in and saw that yet could easily lose there license to sell firearms. I was completely shocked. I could of easily grabbed a rifle unlocked it an loaded up a mag and went to town of the store. It was that easy, I took a picture of the open glass window and will post it as soon as I can. I'm not sure how to do it from a cell phone. But I wanted to let everyone know of this situation.
    . Seriously though, wallyworld sells ar's?

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    So I'm at the local Walmart with my wife and child. They are doing some shopping so I decided to go to the sporting goods, as I get there I notice the glass door to the guns is unlocked. Right in front of there AR section. I look around and find no one around, also the gate to the counter is wide open. Then to top it all off. I see the keys to everything on the back side of the counter. I was shocked!!! I stayed there as got on the entercom for a manager to come over ASAP. Finally 10 mins later I see a guy walking up. He asked me of I needed help. I told him I was the one that called over there phone and told him everything that was wrong. I then told him that of an ATF or someone came in and saw that yet could easily lose there license to sell firearms. I was completely shocked. I could of easily grabbed a rifle unlocked it an loaded up a mag and went to town of the store. It was that easy, I took a picture of the open glass window and will post it as soon as I can. I'm not sure how to do it from a cell phone. But I wanted to let everyone know of this situation.

Is this supposed to be purple ? I sure hope so.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    My apologies for not proof reading. Big thumbs and small keys don't go together. My auto correct likes to do its own thing also

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Considering the walmart near me (and I'm assuming the others around) leave the 7.62 ammo sitting on a shelf for anyone to come by and grab, but they have the utterly more dangerous .22lr locked up behind the glass door with nobody ever around to help you pick up a pack, I'm not surprised.

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Well gentlemen, i guess we have a few comedians here, so since so many of you took the opportunity to arrogantly smear this man's thread with your poor taste in humor, i hope for your sakes you don't ever need to get a job in retail where you have responsibility for the inventory in your department. Somehow, excusing your arrogance again, you somehow missed what i believe was the main context of this story.
    This man was with his wife and child, in a store where there are many children who somehow manage to run around without anyone taking responsibility for their actions. Well, kids are naturally drawn toward things they think might be 1)dangerous 2)"grown up" toys and 3)anything that might cause some excitement-i.e. fireworks, power tools, high powered machinery, etc. so this man, being smart enough to take all this into account, did the right thing, putting the general welfare of others before himself, and set an example- pretty damn responsible and something to be commended for i would say- oh, and by the way for those who haven't been following their Walmart current events- maybe you should check this out- [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94INAruvOrA[/ame] , and then think of the open case(s) of firearms and/or ammo

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Well gentlemen, i guess we have a few comedians here, so since so many of you took the opportunity to arrogantly smear this man's thread with your poor taste in humor, i hope for your sakes you don't ever need to get a job in retail where you have responsibility for the inventory in your department. Somehow, excusing your arrogance again, you somehow missed what i believe was the main context of this story.
    This man was with his wife and child, in a store where there are many children who somehow manage to run around without anyone taking responsibility for their actions. Well, kids are naturally drawn toward things they think might be 1)dangerous 2)"grown up" toys and 3)anything that might cause some excitement-i.e. fireworks, power tools, high powered machinery, etc. so this man, being smart enough to take all this into account, did the right thing, putting the general welfare of others before himself, and set an example- pretty damn responsible and something to be commended for i would say- oh, and by the way for those who haven't been following their Walmart current events- maybe you should check this out- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94INAruvOrA , and then think of the open case(s) of firearms and/or ammo

Well .... I wouldn't say arrogant. Maybe we were just having a little fun. But after looking at that video and reading your post ... I'd have to say,
    GOOD JOB
    to the OP.
    The boat paddle comment was still funny though. Life's to short ...
    why-so-serious.jpeg

2Q==

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I once had to wait 45min to purchase a box of .40cal ammo, not because of the usual I couldn't find someone to help me, but because the guy infront of me bought a Ruger 10/22, got cashed out then when she went to do the paperwork, figured out they didn't have a gun with matching serial number in the back and spent a bunch of time trying to find it before cashing me out. Maybe the OP is how such things happen.:dunno:

But if you're really so upset about it, why post on a public forum under an anonymous screen name instead of calling, emailing or texting the ATF (ATF Online - Contact - Headquarters) and making the report with photo?

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    Yeah... I worked for walmart for a while, and I can tell you first hand that it's a big cult. And if you don't drink the cool aid, your wont be working there long.

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Well .... I wouldn't say arrogant. Maybe we were just having a little fun. But after looking at that video and reading your post ... I'd have to say,
    GOOD JOB
    to the OP.
    The boat paddle comment was still funny though. Life's to short ...
    why-so-serious.jpeg

2Q==
    Believe or not i have been known to have a sense of humor maybe this week has been somewhat of a downer and i need to go to my local walmart pharmacist and get some happy gun owner pills:laugh::laugh::laugh:

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    This man was with his wife and child, in a store where there are many children who somehow manage to run around without anyone taking responsibility for their actions. Well, kids are naturally drawn toward things they think might be 1)dangerous 2)"grown up" toys and 3)anything that might cause some excitement-i.e. fireworks, power tools, high powered machinery, etc. so this man, being smart enough to take all this into account, did the right thing, putting the general welfare of others before himself, and set an example- pretty damn responsible and something to be commended for i would say- oh, and by the way for those who haven't been following their Walmart current events- maybe you should check this out- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94INAruvOrA , and then think of the open case(s) of firearms and/or ammo
    Im not saying the gun case shouldn't have been locked but the sensational writing in the OP was just silly. Get the case locked up and move on.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Shhh, don't tell INGO that Wal-Mart has cameras and you are on tape buying ammo. Do you know how many threads in the Political Section that this will start?:D

You'd probably be surprised at how many of those black camera boxes on the ceiling don't contain cameras. :P

1-800-walmart can solve a lot of problems.I bet corporate would be very interested in this nonsense. Cameras are no substitute for a brain. :)

It would just get sent right back to the store in question.

. Seriously though, wallyworld sells ar's?

Yup. I've seen dpms, colt, and sig ar's at Walmart.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom