• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I walked up to the Gun Counter at Walmart. Guy asked me if he could help me. I said they didn't have anything I wanted. He gave some good natured quip about hurting his feelings. I said I was looking for .22LR. He said I should know better than that. Blah blah blah...

He said the reason .22 is so hard to come by is the military is using it for training now as its so cheap. Thats why they had a bunch of .223 on the shelf.

Gun guy myth or fact?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And THAT is why he works at Wal-Mart and not as an air traffic controller, neurosurgeon, astrophysicist, etc. What a moran*.

*for those not in the know a moran is one step lower than a morOn.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    The last one I heard was that a private security company was buying and hoarding it all so they have more than the military. That and Chinese are buying silver so...(insert racism)...something to do with taking over America

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Actually ammo costs, at least for the marines, comes out of each battalion's budget. with that said i've been to ranges we ran with a full mag and some that we ran with 12+...just depends on what time of year it is..

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I have a hard time even making conversation with Wal-mart gun counter employees after one of them asked me if the AR I built had a, and I'm not making this up, "high-capacity barrel" because they had some 5.56.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a hard time even making conversation with Wal-mart gun counter employees after one of them asked me if the AR I built had a, and I'm not making this up, "high-capacity barrel" because they had some 5.56.

Well to his credit, he did have at least a sliver of an idea of what he was talking about with the increased pressures and all...

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    There was a time when I shot at the range, with a .22 conversion. So, it's not complete BS.

jcap412

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    Your Walmart guys are wrong, the ATF is behind the lack of 22LR and any other caliber you cant find easily. At least that is what my Walmart guys would have me believe. :):

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    there is no .22 because morons (pronounced MOW-RON);) come in like the lady at the counter told me at 6:00 a.m. the morning after trucks
    come in and stand around for at least an hour and a half (because she said her shift didn't even start till 7:30) to get it and guaranteed
    hes flipping it to other MOW-RONS that are stupid enough to pay 50-65 a brick. I also have a family member that said a guy he knows does
    the same crap in a different town.
    Stupid x Stupid = no .22 for non mowrons

Top Bottom