• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    It's not really a scam. You get a gift receipt you are getting back what they're currently on sale for.

Policy is policy. You come to my store I can refuse to give you a refund,

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Why would you get back what they're currently on sale for? If that's not the amount that was paid for the item then where is the extra money going? I'll make sure I remember this though. Next Christmas if two people buy me a new coffee maker and I have to return one I will make sure I remove the pot before I return it. If I'm not getting a full refund, they aren't getting the full merchandise.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    simple solution, don't use the gift receipt, give the real one. the other side of the coin should be good too, buy an item on sale, return it with the gift receipt and get the non-sale price back.I'm guessing Wal-Mart wouldn't like that though.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I returned a scope to the 86th St Indy Walmart. They gave me a store credit card that was to be used for store credit. Then, I took the card directly to sporting goods to buy ammo. When the clerk scanned the card she told me there was no money on it. :noway:

Luckily the same woman was at the customer service desk that gave me the card to begin with. She frowned at me and corrected it.

Be aware when ever you return items there.

TK

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    We had 2 items we bought for $30 total and they wouldn't take them back with the receipt because it was purchased more than 90 days ago. Items were brand new never opened. I said ok and took my items and left, went back the next day and returned them for $70 in store credit, without the receipt. Just wanted my $30 back, didn't bother me using the $70 credit to buy ammo though. :D

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    simple solution, don't use the gift receipt, give the real one. the other side of the coin should be good too, buy an item on sale, return it with the gift receipt and get the non-sale price back.I'm guessing Wal-Mart wouldn't like that though.

Gift receipts are dumb for 2 reasons.

1. Most stores accept returns without receipts.

2. When you go to return the item, you will find out how much the item costs anyway.

While in college i worked in retail for a few years and guft receipts are just a waste of paper.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Why should a store give you more money back than what the item is on sale for at that time?

TV was $248, but now it's on sale for $228. Let's say I give you back the $248. What keeps you from buying the same TV again for $228 on sale and then buying another $20 worth of goods that cost me $15 to put on the shelf? I've lost money.

Top Bottom