• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This may not all be falling on deaf ears... I read an article earlier (which, of course, I can't find now) saying that Walmart is taking a TON of heat for this... I don't Facebook, but I imagine if you go over there and look you'll see them getting flamed to beat hell.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    Already said, but this is nothing more than virtue signaling and trying to please liberals. The current state of ignorance being displayed regarding the 2A is mind boggling to me.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    It'll take Walmart years to sell off all that ammo since you can never find anyone working in sporting goods. If you do, they can't seem to find the key for the ammo case.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Well Walmart, I'm done,it's not me, it's you....Luckily I have a Rural King 2 minutes drive from here, they will have my bidness from now on

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Those people were mentioned in the Walmart statement. They do not want to deal with gun owners roaming their stores with rifles out, so they are requesting no open carry in their stores.

I'm sorry and I may get flamed, but IMHO people that open carry RIFLES in public are idiots. I OC my pistol but c'mon... OC'ing a rifle is like walking around waving your dick in the wind.

Edit: Now, when we were kids (14 -16 years old or so), we would "OC" our rifles and shotguns while walking down the road, ammo vests filled to almost bursting, but we were on our way to go shoot down by the railroad tracks, and everybody knew that's where we were going and nobody cared. But these days? Walking around doing your daily errands? No, that's just stupid. Sorry. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Now if it's a 2A rally and you're there to make a point? Fine. Carry away. But going shopping with your AR slung over your shoulder... nope.

Last edited:

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I'm sorry and I may get flamed, but IMHO people that open carry RIFLES in public are idiots. I OC my pistol but c'mon... OC'ing a rifle is like walking around waving your dick in the wind.

Edit: Now, when we were kids (14 -16 years old or so), we would "OC" our rifles and shotguns while walking down the road, ammo vests filled to almost bursting, but we were on our way to go shoot down by the railroad tracks, and everybody knew that's where we were going and nobody cared. But these days? Walking around doing your daily errands? No, that's just stupid. Sorry. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

No reason to get flamed; many reasonable people are in agreement. However, those who do might go all Johnny Storm/Human Torch on you. Can't we all just get along?

Sorry. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

QFT. Just because it's legal doesn't mean that it is a good idea.

deerslayer512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 23, 2014
    Indianapolis
    They actually asked customers not to open carry in stores, concealed is okay. They did have the occasional good deal on ammo, which will be missed. I already hated walmart anyway, this is just another reason not to go there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No reason to get flamed; many reasonable people are in agreement. However, those who do might go all Johnny Storm/Human Torch on you. Can't we all just get along?

QFT. Just because it's legal doesn't mean that it is a good idea.

Thank you. There is a dedicated campaign out there to portray all gun owners as "murderous psychos". Let's not give them any "ammo". We need to let them see that we're their friends and neighbors... normal folks that just happen to want to be able to defend ourselves against the real bad guys (and exercise our constitutional right to do so). Take away the stigma, and normalize our existence. That should be the goal.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County

Now if it's a 2A rally and you're there to make a point? Fine. Carry away. But going shopping with your AR slung over your shoulder... nope.
    I agree. Going to a gun show with rifles on your shoulders is OK, but inappropriate for shopping at Kroger. I wonder if Wally Mart will now stop selling opioids to help out with drug addiction.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree. Going to a gun show with rifles on your shoulders is OK, but inappropriate for shopping at Kroger. I wonder if Wally Mart will now stop selling opioids to help out with drug addiction.

They won't have to. I have occasional back problems and the most effective treatment when that happens is a few days worth of hydrocodone and some muscle relaxers. My doctor, and even Immediate Care type places have all but stopped prescribing opioids, even though they're quite effective. My doctor prescribed something called "Ultracet" (which is Tramadol and acetaminophen) last time this happened. I took a couple, and it did absolutely nothing to relieve the pain (nor did naproxen (Aleve)). As a result, I was laid up for over a week, when it could've been resolved in a matter of a few days. So just like with gun control, the people that use things for a bad purpose (the addicts and violent criminals) ruin it for the people that keeps them from getting something that actually helps. They should punish the people abusing the opioids (or guns), and not the object itself.

Edit: Anybody else notice that the "opioid crisis" and overdose deaths from things like heroin and Fentanyl went up after they tightened regulations on prescribing opioids? I don't recall hearing about an opioid crisis until they invented it. Sure, some people may have become addicted to Vicodin, but at least they knew what they were getting, instead of the black market crap that may be a mixture of heroin, fentanyl and who knows what else? But hey, they "did something". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    They won't have to. I have occasional back problems and the most effective treatment when that happens is a few days worth of hydrocodone and some muscle relaxers. My doctor, and even Immediate Care type places have all but stopped prescribing opioids, even though they're quite effective. My doctor prescribed something called "Ultracet" (which is Tramadol and acetaminophen) last time this happened. I took a couple, and it did absolutely nothing to relieve the pain (nor did naproxen (Aleve)). As a result, I was laid up for over a week, when it could've been resolved in a matter of a few days. So just like with gun control, the people that use things for a bad purpose (the addicts and violent criminals) ruin it for the people that keeps them from getting something that actually helps. They should punish the people abusing the opioids (or guns), and not the object itself.

Edit: Anybody else notice that the "opiod crisis" and overdose deaths from things like heroin and Fentanyl went up after they tightened regulations on prescribing opioids? I don't recall hearing about an opioid crisis until they invented it. Sure, some people may have become addicted to Vicodin, but at least they knew what they were getting, instead of the black market crap that may be a mixture of heroin, fentanyl and who knows what else? But hey, they "did something". :rolleyes:

First, I strongly agree with your position about carrying rifles around just because you can... Some people...

Second, just to put it out there, I recently tried a chiropractor for the first time when my back blew out a couple of weeks ago and was surprised how much help it seems to have done. I didn't go to the bone cracking kind, I went to the pressure kind. Took something that usually takes weeks to get over down to about 1 week.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County

Edit: Anybody else notice that the "opiod crisis" and overdose deaths from things like heroin and Fentanyl went up after they tightened regulations on prescribing opioids? I don't recall hearing about an opioid crisis until they invented it. Sure, some people may have become addicted to Vicodin, but at least they knew what they were getting, instead of the black market crap that may be a mixture of heroin, fentanyl and who knows what else? But hey, they "did something". :rolleyes:
    Leave it to the media, they fix things really well. I'm skeptical of Trump's loyalty to gun owners but do agree with him about the fake news.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    First, I strongly agree with your position about carrying rifles around just because you can... Some people...

Second, just to put it out there, I recently tried a chiropractor for the first time when my back blew out a couple of weeks ago and was surprised how much help it seems to have done. I didn't go to the bone cracking kind, I went to the pressure kind. Took something that usually takes weeks to get over down to about 1 week.
    Mine is always muscular-related rather than spine-related, so I don't think a chiropractor would help. And before anyone suggests it, I absolutely will not go to a massage therapist. Old roomie's girlfriend was one, and she attempted a massage on me one time (at roomie's suggestion) and it hurt so bad I made her stop after less than 2 minutes. I know some people like those "deep-tissue" massages, but I am not one of them. A gentle back rub (not massage) is good for me. I have a saying, "No pain... no pain."

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Mine is always muscular-related rather than spine-related, so I don't think a chiropractor would help. And before anyone suggests it, I absolutely will not go to a massage therapist. Old roomie's girlfriend was one, and she attempted a massage on me one time (at roomie's suggestion) and it hurt so bad I made her stop after less than 2 minutes. I know some people like those "deep-tissue" massages, but I am not one of them. A gentle back rub (not massage) is good for me. I have a saying, "No pain... no pain."

i just went through this exact thing. My doctor had me get a massage, go to a chiropractor, prescribed meloxicam, etc. I was bad, i couldn’t take a deep breath without it hurting. Finally she referred me to a physical therapist that gave me stretches and exercises for my shoulders and back, and once a week I came in for dry needling. I had never heard of it until then and I hate needles, but it honestly helped more than anything. I take flexoril, however it is spelled, when the doctor will actually prescribe them, but after the dry needling I was back to normal in a couple days.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    i just went through this exact thing. My doctor had me get a massage, go to a chiropractor, prescribed meloxicam, etc. I was bad, i couldn’t take a deep breath without it hurting. Finally she referred me to a physical therapist that gave me stretches and exercises for my shoulders and back, and once a week I came in for dry needling. I had never heard of it until then and I hate needles, but it honestly helped more than anything. I take flexoril, however it is spelled, when the doctor will actually prescribe them, but after the dry needling I was back to normal in a couple days.
    Mine is my lower back, and it's caused by old age and stupidity (not realizing I'm old and doing stuff like I would when I was younger). :): I always tell them, "Sometimes I forget I'm old."

What you're describing is acupuncture, and I'm not sure if my insurance would cover it, but I've heard lots of good things about it. Some insurance does cover it now I think.

The flexeril helps with the muscle spasms that inevitably come with my overdoing it, but that usually settles down after a day or two. Then it's just plain old pain.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    A posted sign CAN be enough warning to make an outright arrest for trespass but the specifics escape me. At least that is what judges have told me in court.

Some judges may say that and judges may believe that, but the Indiana General Assembly chose not to codify it.

As many other state legislatures have chosen to give signage the weight of law when it comes to firearm possession on private property, it seems reasonable to believe that the Indiana General Assembly knew they had the power to do so on the various occasions they have chosen to legislate around firearms over the years, yet they have chosen not to exercise that power time and time again.

While I wouldn’t want to be the test case (maybe it already happened... can anyone cite a case?), it seems the proverbial jury is still out on what would happen were an arrest to be made and should the prosecutor choose to, well, prosecute.

I would think it wouldn’t be a slam dunk, as the argument could easily be made that private property owners could use similar signs to prohibit other protected (or, at least non-criminal activities) under threat of trespass violation.

What would stop someone from posting a sign with the exact same wording as the hypothetical sign imagined by the judges to whom you’ve spoken but, in place of “carry any weapon”, a phrase such as “wear a blue shirt”, “talk like a pirate”, “kiss a person of the same sex”, or “be named Denny” were to be inserted?

Clearly, nothing could stop such a sign from being posted. The real question is based on what logical or legal argument should the gun sign result in any different handling by LEO and a prosecutor in Indiana than any of the others?

Last edited:

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I sent them a message as well. I also pointed out that while Wal-Mart states they still support hunting but will no longer sell pistol ammo that Indiana deer hunting requires pistol caliber to hunt on public land. I told them they were punishing all those little hunters who use papa's lever action rifles by not selling .357 & .44 ammo. Probably falls on deaf ears but I felt better sending the message.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm with Colion. If its so harmful write it off. Don't sell it. Destroy it all and take the loss. Its the right thing to do. FOAR THE CHILDRENZ!!!!!:rolleyes:

[video=youtube;QJqIa6MuCNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJqIa6MuCNw[/video]

Top Bottom