Walmart closings and operation jade helm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I thought that was the next installation of the Thor movie franchise. Thor and the Jade Helm - action figures on sale now in Walmart.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I am down here deep in the heart of Jade Helm territory. So far we have not been overrun by SOF-types and the local WalMart is still open. The bad news out of about 20 checkout lines they only man about three of them to force people the go through the self-checkout machines. Grrr.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So FEMA has put out a contract for detention centers and Wal-mart was the lowest bidder? Is that the narrative we're going with? This is, of course, after the narrative that FEMA has been secretly building detention centers for years. Man, these guys are so incredibly inefficient yet still able to operate such massive secret conspiracies without leaks. What an odd combination of expertise and laughable ineffectualness.

With over 100 K-marts and Sears shut down in the past year or so, you'd figure that'd be cheaper, less noticeable, etc.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So FEMA has put out a contract for detention centers and Wal-mart was the lowest bidder? Is that the narrative we're going with? This is, of course, after the narrative that FEMA has been secretly building detention centers for years. Man, these guys are so incredibly inefficient yet still able to operate such massive secret conspiracies without leaks. What an odd combination of expertise and laughable ineffectualness.

With over 100 K-marts and Sears shut down in the past year or so, you'd figure that'd be cheaper, less noticeable, etc.

Actually, if we just outsource the FEMA disaster-response part to WalMart and Home Depot we'd probably be way ahead.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh

This is exactly what I was saying to my wife. Why would they pick an active store when there are so many empty buildings?

However, the whole plumbing issue does not make sense either. Every Walmart I have been in has restrooms in the front and back. Why would they not just do one set at a time?

There is more to this story, I just don't know what.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I believe the fact of the matter is MOST of us are not getting paid what we should be/are worth. Too much feeds into this situation to discuss here nor am I a scholar on the topic.

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Closing of stores would only reduce revenue. That would not help at all. This is definitely not the case.
    Well, not exactly correct. Some times, the overhead is greater than the revenue generated. Larger companies / chains can offset this for a period of time, longer than small chains or 'Mom & Pop' stores.

BTW, Walmart has already announced that, at least for some of it's locations, their 'minimum' wage will be $13/hr.

Had wages for these types of jobs increased a mere $.25 - $.30 per hour per year, the minimum wage would be right at the level currently being so hotly debated. Not exactly 'outrageous'.

Here's an 'interesting meme' for all the "prices will go through the roof" folks:

McDs Australia Wage.jpg

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Well, not exactly correct. Some times, the overhead is greater than the revenue generated. Larger companies / chains can offset this for a period of time, longer than small chains or 'Mom & Pop' stores.

BTW, Walmart has already announced that, at least for some of it's locations, their 'minimum' wage will be $13/hr.

Had wages for these types of jobs increased a mere $.25 - $.30 per hour per year, the minimum wage would be right at the level currently being so hotly debated. Not exactly 'outrageous'.

Here's an 'interesting meme' for all the "prices will go through the roof" folks:

View attachment 37958

I guess I should clarify, I wasn't speaking in generalities I was talking about these 5 stores.

There are VERY few WM stores that have more overhead than what they bring in bottom line profit. These 5 stores are no exception.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Dude, you start shuttin down the Walmarts in Tejas, you is gonna find out how ole Santa Anna felt.:draw:

'Cept in Austin. They'll name you a conquering hero.:laugh:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Totally off subject. Stopped into a Walmart in McAllen TX to pick up a couple of things for my auntie, and found out I was the only gringo in the store. In america. Surrounded by americans. And i was the only guy like me. Makes you think. Definitely not cornfield county.

seamonster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2013

View attachment 37958

nice comparison, but as usual, it doesn't tell the whole story. In Australia, a nice fixer-upper of a house will run $300,000 in most cities. The larger the wage, the more everything is going to cost. Economics 101

Top Bottom