• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Found it interesting the Ap is taking 9mm and 22off at my store. I think they are tired of being questioned. Does anyone know if the local stores have an option of taking certain things off of their ap? I could see them taking ammunition off of it if they have headaches or arguments with people. I've found ammo in shopping carts underneath trash and I wouldn't say that all stock guys are angels. I just thought it was interesting that they took it off over the weekend. Even 45 and 40 was off as of today.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Related note, I've had nothing but poor results from the Walmart online search engine. It will list some calibers in stock, and when I call to verify before driving there I'm told they don't have it, haven't had it, and don't know when it's coming in. Maybe 1 time in 5 does the Walmart stock match their online search (for ammo, anyway).

I know it's high demand and moves quickly, but it doesn't move as quickly as I do on the computer searching and calling. Happens waaaay too much to be fast sales.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    In a strange way this might help me because I doubt people will drive over 30 miles to come to my WalMart. I found 45 today behind the 40 boxes.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    In a strange way this might help me because I doubt people will drive over 30 miles to come to my WalMart. I found 45 today behind the 40 boxes.

I drove 60 miles one way to buy .22LR at a Wal-Mart two weeks ago today. LOL! One other guy showed up, and he drove over an hour and slept overnight in his car. So, yes, you may find some dedicated ammo seekers out there.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I drove 60 miles one way to buy .22LR at a Wal-Mart two weeks ago today. LOL! One other guy showed up, and he drove over an hour and slept overnight in his car. So, yes, you may find some dedicated ammo seekers out there.

That's funny because every single guy I talked to at night when I happen to be there when the truck came in was from at least 30 miles away. We had at least 100 boxes of 556 that just sat in the case at the end of summer through Xmas until the buying spree began. No luck of that happening anytime soon. What's Gander looking like these days on Fridays? I think that's when their truck comes in unless they changed it. I might go up to Indy in a couple of weeks. M

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I consider myself SO LUCKY that I haven't had to become a Wal Mart ammo zombie/troll! I can't even remember the last time I went to WallyWorld. If that makes me a Wally hater I can live with that!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    They are taking it off? So the workers can resell the ammo later? After lying to my wife's face when she was trying to buy .22lr for my son's rifle, I know they are dirty.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    i'm guessing that the La Porte walmart is doing something shady. For the entire weekend the app says that they have 9mm both the 50rd boxes and the 100rd boxes IN STOCK yet anytime i have gone there this weekend, NOTHING was on the shelves. and when I have gone it was at night so no one was even around to ask to check if it was just on a pallet in the back

Maninpink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Boone county
    That's funny because every single guy I talked to at night when I happen to be there when the truck came in was from at least 30 miles away. We had at least 100 boxes of 556 that just sat in the case at the end of summer through Xmas until the buying spree began. No luck of that happening anytime soon. What's Gander looking like these days on Fridays? I think that's when their truck comes in unless they changed it. I might go up to Indy in a couple of weeks. M

Lafayette's Gander gets there truck in on Thursday. I have been up there several times. 2 wks ago got some 9mm-250 rd box and a 375 box 22lr
    I called them to find out when they get there trk, down side you have to wait up to 3 hrs. There line isn't to bad if you get there early.

askeen289

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Found it interesting the Ap is taking 9mm and 22off at my store. I think they are tired of being questioned. Does anyone know if the local stores have an option of taking certain things off of their ap? I could see them taking ammunition off of it if they have headaches or arguments with people. I've found ammo in shopping carts underneath trash and I wouldn't say that all stock guys are angels. I just thought it was interesting that they took it off over the weekend. Even 45 and 40 was off as of today.

I have noticed certain ammo not showing for my local store. I have started checking all handgun and rifle ammo but not check marking in store only. By doing this I can look at any ammo I want and you can click again where it shows stock and it will check other stores stock in the nearby area.

Top Bottom