Walmart: 2 boxes ammo only, or 2 boxes of the same caliber only?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    The Walmart home office says 6 boxes per customer per day. If your local store is telling you something else call the home office. It can be 6 of anything.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    There is a Walmart near the County line store, well an easy drive that last time I was there did not care how much I bought.

I did notice all the Ammo the County line store had the other day but still no .45.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Wal Mart in Marion has the limit of 6 boxes posted, which included shot shells this last time. Never had anyone there say anything about it until a couple days ago.

I got a new slug gun and wanted to test fire some different rounds for fun... six boxes of five isn't enough to play with.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I was informed buy the Automotive Department kid that was covering the ammo department, who knew they were interchangeable, anyway, he told me that there are several cops locally that have a standing phone call that they receive when "their" ammo comes in. They go in, pay for the six boxes they can take out that day and they also pay for an additional six boxes they return for the next day.

The kid told me that's mostly why the 380 and 45 ACP is always out.

It's not jelousy when I say that that really sucks for me.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That's about as bad as the shop owners buying up the ammo at Wal Mart and then jacking the price and selling it in their stores.

Just for fun I will ask about pre-paying for ammo the next time I am in one of the two that I frequent.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Yea, I asked about the same thing, and was told that I was not allowed to do that. Why are the LEOs allowed?

Like I said, it sucks for me, but on the other hand I have had special treatment others would not receive at different places, so I can gripe all I want, but I have to remember that I have my hook ups on other stuff.

It would be cool to pre-pay for about 10 boxes each 45 and 380 and when they are dilevered go get em and let everyone watch you walk out with an arm load.

Top Bottom