Walmart: 2 boxes ammo only, or 2 boxes of the same caliber only?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gilliu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Hi All

Have bought ammo at the Greenwood Walmart several times. Today was the first time that I was limited to two boxes. Previously, I was limited to two boxes of the same caliber, but often left with six boxes purchased (2 of 9mm, 2 of .22, and 2 of .223).

Anyone know what is the official rule?

G

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Last time I went it was one! Usually 2 of each type, but it changes with the walmartian behind the counter.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I bought 4 boxes of .40 tonight, nothing said about the 2 box rule.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Fort Wayne has a six box limit.

This is the limit sent down by Home Office for all stores way back when the shortage/scare (whatever you want to call it) first started. However any store can adjust the limit based on their sales volume of ammo and the amount they are getting in.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Was at the Fishers 96th St Woo-Ming, the other day, asked for and got two boxes of federal 9.mm, but the sales lady (Louisa) asked the counter guy "How many could I buy at once" and he held up 4 fingers, meaning four boxes of 9mm was the limit on 9. With six boxes total of combined ammo.:dunno:

civilwar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Scipio
    At the walmart in Columbus it say 2 boxes of each type and one bulk pack is the limit.

Wal Mart on SR46 Columbus has no limit on the ammo as stated to me by the employee behind the counter, I then proceeded to purchase all the Federal 9mm on the shelf and two bulk packs of .22. He stated to me the other just off US31 had ammo limits.

Terry

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just look at it like a sport or gambling...you get whatever they think should be the rule on that day. It makes no sense that you could buy 6 bulk packs OR 6 boxes of 50 rds. I've found that I like the little 50 rd boxes of the 22lr Federal Lightning packs. They are actually cheaper at some Walmarts if you buy 11 packs than the big federal 550 bulk packs but I found they are a little more manageable than the bulk packs at the range. Anyway, sometimes they limit those to 6 as well, but some Wally Worlds have a "rule" to allow for 10 of those. So you can be limited to somewhere between 400 and 3300 rounds...:dunno:

Last edited:

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Wal Mart on SR46 Columbus has no limit on the ammo as stated to me by the employee behind the counter, I then proceeded to purchase all the Federal 9mm on the shelf and two bulk packs of .22. He stated to me the other just off US31 had ammo limits.

Terry

SHHHH!!:laugh:

Most of the time they limit to 6

immortallyinsane

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Columbus

Terry
    Well, just found the reason i can never find any 9mm ammo!!!

Top Bottom