Wallhanger guns, what do you have hanging up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How is this for simple? Lag screw covered by surgical tubing. Works fine, looks fine, cheap, available at any hardware store.

21jb1ie.jpg

14lpmh2.jpg
    Now that's a truely awesome collection! I've been meaning to buy some more civil war relics.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Odd, only one image showed up for me.

Rather than go with the $3000+ to get an authentic remake... whereabouts does one get a prop/replica? That looks really good

2 guns. The holstered colt and the lever rifle on the wall.

I got those both from Sportsmans guide if memory serves. It has been 5 years or so.
    The holster is the real deal with real ammo.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Are the top 2 enfields? Or the 3 under the top 2 look like enfields. Or the top a tower musket? I haven't studied up on those in a while. You could start a whole thread that would be VERY popular! I'll take that stuff over an AR any day of the week

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    2 guns. The holstered colt and the lever rifle on the wall.

I got those both from Sportsmans guide if memory serves. It has been 5 years or so.
    The holster is the real deal with real ammo.

Drat, I missed the boat on that one. The company my dad retired from used to own Sportsman's Guide.

Looks like they've got a number of lever-actions here: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...d=185&c=30&s=708&trackid=catspiffGunRiflepos3

I've got an old Colt Navy (not sure of year) lying around that might look cool with one of those.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Now that's a truely awesome collection! I've been meaning to buy some more civil war relics.

Are the top 2 enfields? Or the 3 under the top 2 look like enfields. Or the top a tower musket? I haven't studied up on those in a while. You could start a whole thread that would be VERY popular! I'll take that stuff over an AR any day of the week

Woah, now that is a gorgeous wall display. All originals? (if so, that's a lot of $$$$ up on that wall).

Thanks, much appreciated! Yes, all originals. Top to bottom:
    French Model 1774 Musket
    British Short Land Pattern Musket
    US Model 1816 Musket converted to percussion using Belgium method.
    US Model 1816 Musket converted to percussion using bolster method.
    US Model 1842 Musket
    US Model 1855 Rifle-Musket
    US Model 1861 Rifle-Musket
    US Model 1861 Special Rifle-Musket
    British Pattern 1853 Rifle-Musket
    Austrian Model 1854 Lorenz Rifle-Musket
    US Model 1841 Rifle
    Sharps New Model 1863 Carbine
    Spencer Model 1860 Carbine
    Austrian Model 1842 Carbine

I kind of backed into it all. 30 years ago I wanted to collect Civil War but couldn't afford anything, so I bought World War II stuff instead. Eventually, I started selling the WWII stuff at a huge profit after Saving Private Ryan came out (ex: German G43 that I bought for $300 sold for $3500, etc.). I then turned around and bought Civil War stuff at prices that weren't that much more than it would have cost 30 years earlier. Technically, I don't actually have that much invested if you consider what the initial investment was. Plus, it helps that some of them were purchased at auctions basically for a song.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    In my office I have a Win Mod 70, Marlin 1895CB .45-70, Marlin 512 Slugmaster, Rem 887 hanging in the wood wall mount I made as a cub scout long ago.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Swedish Mauser and a Finnish Mosin Nagant hanging over our TV. There's a large eyebolt sunk into the stud behind them that lets a cable run between the two to keep them from coming off the wall without a least a bit of work.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I have 3 Mosin Nagants one 1942 91/30 and hex 1932 91/30 and a M44. I also have some empty shells ammo pouch and a copy of Enemy At the Gate movie. Wish I new how to take a picture of them and post. All the numbers match and the furniture in very good shape.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I like wall hangers. A guy had a 50 caliber Pedersoli Kentucky rifle hanging over his fireplace. His wife wanted to redecorate the room and I got a beautiful rifle for less than $300. Had never been shot, just dusted on an as needed basis. Yea, I was a happy camper.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thanks, much appreciated! Yes, all originals. Top to bottom:
    French Model 1774 Musket
    British Short Land Pattern Musket
    US Model 1816 Musket converted to percussion using Belgium method.
    US Model 1816 Musket converted to percussion using bolster method.
    US Model 1842 Musket
    US Model 1855 Rifle-Musket
    US Model 1861 Rifle-Musket
    US Model 1861 Special Rifle-Musket
    British Pattern 1853 Rifle-Musket
    Austrian Model 1854 Lorenz Rifle-Musket
    US Model 1841 Rifle
    Sharps New Model 1863 Carbine
    Spencer Model 1860 Carbine
    Austrian Model 1842 Carbine

I kind of backed into it all. 30 years ago I wanted to collect Civil War but couldn't afford anything, so I bought World War II stuff instead. Eventually, I started selling the WWII stuff at a huge profit after Saving Private Ryan came out (ex: German G43 that I bought for $300 sold for $3500, etc.). I then turned around and bought Civil War stuff at prices that weren't that much more than it would have cost 30 years earlier. Technically, I don't actually have that much invested if you consider what the initial investment was. Plus, it helps that some of them were purchased at auctions basically for a song.
    very very cool! Teach me your ways master lol.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    very very cool! Teach me your ways master lol.

Thanks, I am planning on taking your advice to start a separate thread on Civil War guns. It's just going to take some time to take a bunch of good photos and do some research. I want to make it something more interesting and useful than just me showing off my collection.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    Thats a great idea for mounting. is there a foam or a rubber collar that you can use so the threads of the bolt don't come in contact with the firearm? I may have to do this (on a smaller scale).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thats a great idea for mounting. is there a foam or a rubber collar that you can use so the threads of the bolt don't come in contact with the firearm? I may have to do this (on a smaller scale).

"Lag screw covered by surgical tubing." (From rob63's original post) Being clear, it's not obvious in the pics. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom