Wallhanger guns, what do you have hanging up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I got permission from my better half to fill the gap above our fireplace with a wallhanger gun.

I'm looking for ideas and tips beyond just pictures on Google. What do you have hanging on display and how did you mount it?

wallhanger_zpswqi4n7ts.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hand-made 12 gauge percussion-cap shotgun with hand checkering hanging over entrance to library. We believe it was made shortly after the Civil War when my greatgreatgreatgrandfather come back home. He was a wheelwright with the 5th and 7th Indiana Artillery Regiment.

I went to Von Tobel's and bought brass hooks with nice long wood screws.

Close up of "fancy" hand checkering:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Hand-made 12 gauge percussion-cap shotgun with hand checkering hanging over entrance to library. We believe it was made shortly after the Civil War when my greatgreatgreatgrandfather come back home. He was a wheelwright with the 5th and 7th Indiana Artillery Regiment.

I went to Von Tobel's and bought brass hooks with nice long wood screws.

Close up of "fancy" hand checkering:

Goergeous... hand made by an ancestor?... I'd have that in a safe at jeweler.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have an old side by side 12ga that I found in grandparents attic.

I router ed the edges on an oak board and cut out hooks on a scroll saw. Finished it and it hangs above the doorway.

It's a great conversation piece.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    An H&R single shot would be neat. They can be had cheap and you could still shoot it. See them at every show. About a hundred bucks regardless of condition.

redleg16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Found an old Stevens model 520 for $95 @ Cabelas. Great condition, still fires, bought some hooks on Amazon, may try and dress it up this winter. Hangs over the fireplace. Google "how to hang a rifle" or something similar, there are many pictures of what others have done. Good luck!

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Rather than some random broken real gun, we're leaning now to a Denix Garand prop rifle and a flag or plaque as a sort of tribute to both our grandfathers.

Both were in the Navy, mine was WWII Pacific and her's was either WWII Europe or Korea.

They're still living, but both would have trained and/or served with them as their arms.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rather than some random broken real gun, we're leaning now to a Denix Garand prop rifle and a flag or plaque as a sort of tribute to both our grandfathers.

Both were in the Navy, mine was WWII Pacific and her's was either WWII Europe or Korea.

They're still living, but both would have trained and/or served with them as their arms.

Both the guns in my pic are Props. They look absolutely real. They cock and drop hammer. The cylinder turns with the hammer action. The lever on the rifle works.
    They are slick.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    How is this for simple? Lag screw covered by surgical tubing. Works fine, looks fine, cheap, available at any hardware store.

21jb1ie.jpg

14lpmh2.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom