• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I live in Indy and I have a friend visiting from MI this weekend and we want to do some walleye fishing.

We want to stay within an hour of East Indy, and will probably have to fish from shore, unless where we go has row boat rentals or something.

So my questions to INGO:

Where is somewhere to go?
    What are they hitting on?
    What are the rules/restrictions in that area?
    Any other advice for Indiana Walleye.

If there is no where that meets these criteria we will just bass fish elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Lake Monroe near bloomington is a good place I caught a couple of 6 pounders there.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Eagle Creek but shore fishing and normal walleye haunts are going to be harder since it is down 2 feet from the lack of rain.

They were stocking eye's in the creek for a while but I am unsure if they are still doing so.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    everything within an hour of indy sees ALOT of fishing pressure and walleye being a stocked fish not natrual in these parts becomes even harder. Add to that lots of heat and no rain and i think you will be hard pressed walleye fishing which can even be difficult during the prime times of the year.

That being said, brookville provides all of the walleye fry for the rest of the state and CAN be a good fishery, but this time of year you will need to night fish.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Prarie Creek Resivor near Munce is a great lake for walleye. I fish it often and caught 2 right at 20" and 1 19" last weekend but we were trolling. I see lots of guys catching them from shore in the spring and fall. I wouldn't bother fishing any time but early morning and late evening though. Water temps are well into the 80's and the fish usually move out deeper as the sun gets up. If you go fish near both of the bridges with a jig and half a night crawler. I see the guys on the bank catch some nice ones in the evening. Night fishing is good too as they will usually move up a bit shallower once the sun goes down.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Well we are going to try Eagle Creek in the morning. I will let you all know what we do. Honestly I wouldnt mind pulling in some cats or anything else.

Top Bottom