• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    $15 - 20 an hr would be reasonable compared to what some of these guys make. I had a buddy that was an journeyman pipe fitter at the Chrysler plant in Kokomo and he was making $65 an hr :n00b:.

that's $135,200 a year with no bonus or overtime pay. he said half the time they just hung out waiting for something to do.
    Good point. How many people would have went to work for GM or other factories for $15 an hour had the union not been there demanding more and more.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Maybe if all the workers of this country did not feel they deserved $15-20 for doing manual factory labor that a monkey can do, the corporations would not be shipping their manufacturing jobs over seas.
    I am a union member, and I get paid about $20 an hour, I weld on barges, in the heat, and the cold. Inside the barges it gets about 150 degrees in the summer with the sun beating down, and the heat of the welding. We have fans, but it feels like a hair dryer blowing on you. No, a monkey couldn't do my job, and yes I get paid more than most welders in my area, so if my job gets cut, I'll have to take a pay cut. I work for a corporation, and am a union member....who's more corrupt?....oh yes the head of my union in Jimmy Hoffa Jr....so you know my answer!!! Those protesters are just pawns for the 60's wannabe professor's wanting to re-live their youth!

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    To much Fox News will cause brain damage :D

I don't agree with the protesters on most points but it's their right as Americans to hold their protests. I'm all for capitalism but it has to be responsible capitalism if this country is going to stay on top and continue to be a world leader. They are correct in the fact that corporate greed is ruining this country. Corporations can't continue to ship jobs out of the country at a record pace and expect to continue to not pay any taxes. Shipping first world wage paying jobs out of the country and replacing them with third world wage jobs in a first world economy on the taxpayers dime obviously isn't working. With the shrinking tax base how long do you suspect we will continue to enjoy a first world economy and be a world leader? Everyone enjoys our roads and many of the other perks we have come to expect and our prosperity has brought to this great country but no one wants to pay for them. So let's continue to complain about the Soros funded protesters while we vote for Democrats and Republicans because if we vote for a third party or someone the establishment doesn't approve of we are wasting our vote. :dunno: :n00b:

:+1:

I voted for Obama last election because I believed him to be the lesser of 2 evils and to this day, if I had to pick only between the McCain that was running and Obama, I would still pick Obama. BUT, I hate myself not for voting for Obama, but for falling in line with the Media and only choosing between the TWO candidates THEY told me were electable. NEVER AGAIN!

Our two party system is 100% broken and corrupt. Corporate media and their Democrat and Republican owners control the flow of information and the sway of public opinion.

I don't believe the hype of these Wall Street protests being controlled by one side or the other. Or that these are some sort of cloak and dagger tactics to starting Marshal Law. These are people, young and old alike that know something is wrong with the system, but lack the direction and definition that commonly comes with a central leader. They know corporations run America; they know the FED and "to big to fail banks" control the world. They just don't know how to fix it, but they still feel they should voice their discontent, and more power to them. They aren't rioting, looting and setting the neighborhoods on fire. They are exercising FIRST Amendment rights, so let them be.

It’s amazing how quickly people rally when they are directed to fire upon a common enemy. Look at the first couple months after 911, just about the whole nation wanted some sort of revenge and we were directed towards Iraq. Now we are being directed towards the Wall Street Protesters and why? Because it distracts us from the failings of our nation and preoccupies us with an enemy.

Don't throw your vote away! Vote for someone that can actually FIX our country, not the "Lesser of Two Evils". Personally, I put my stock in Dr. Ron Paul; but if you believe differently, more power to you. Just actually THINK about who it is you're voting for. Is it a pro-union, "redistribute the wealth", universal health care candidate who likes bigger government? Is it a 100% unregulated capitalism, pro-corporate, pro-FED, let more government into your home candidate who likes bigger government? Or perhaps you have a different opinion of where our country should go from here?

Vote for yourself, not for who corporate media tells you to choose between!
    :patriot:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Don't worry... there are NO communists involved in the Occupy movement.
    Those aren't Communists. Not even close. Just wearing a scarf or a t-shirt means nothing. Even mouthing a few slogans, hanging out in a park, breaking windows.

And considering that the largest Communist nation on the planet is far more capitalistic than the US, it seems these yahoos didn't get the memo.

These are just American kids who think they're going to scare everyone by pretending to be wild-eyed radicals, taking on the Man. Plenty of kids doing that in the 60s, now have mortgages and vacation homes, etc. Somehow the whole radical thing evaporated on the way to adulthood.

Real Communists would eat these morons for breakfast.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    319973_2467748903304_1539777368_2730904_1732927355_n.jpg

lol omg thats awesome

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    To much Fox News will cause brain damage :D
    They are correct in the fact that corporate greed is ruining this country. Corporations can't continue to ship jobs out of the country at a record pace and expect to continue to not pay any taxes. Shipping first world wage paying jobs out of the country and replacing them with third world wage jobs in a first world economy on the taxpayers dime obviously isn't working.

Actually it is our government that is shipping out the jobs, not the corporations. Manufacturers in the US pay a 35% tax on what they make, in Ireland it is 12% in Singapore it is 2%. How can we manufacture anything here with that type of tax burden. The companies cannot compete without exporting the jobs. The wages that I have seen are actually close to if not higher than some US wages in high end or advanced manufacturing (technology and medical items).

It's the taxes that are killing us. Get government out of the way of our manufacturing industries and we will have an economic recovery overnight. What those other countries do not have is the quality of workmanship that is in the US.

Drop the taxes on manufacturers and the jobs all come back.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Those Occupy Wall Street are just Anarchists.

If one follows the trail is leads back to theInternational Working Men's Association, which leads to the unions and communists.

Generally they protested the political parties in power, but since the one in power is one of them, they have turned their focus on Wall Street.
    You used to see them a G20 summits, the media has always been fascinated with them and they are taking these lost soles and are trying to legitimize them as Main Street.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8QNX6WDCpM

Top Bottom