• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The going to check out a random van that they don't even know what's in it or why they are checking it, with 200 zombies at either end of the bridge, walking towards the van and they go look in it. And they dont have guns. Oh guess what. Nothing is in it. Now we have to ride this van off the side of the bridge. Because we probably won't get hurt!

there are infinitely more stupid moves that they do every episode that there is no way all of them are that lucky to constantly survive all their dumb situations.

The dialogue is the worst part of the show though. It's just indescribably horrible, dramatic and forced.

This thread should be titled "What I hate about zombie movies/shows" because there are tons of stuff that implies. Ever seen the 80's "Return of the Living Dead?"

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    This thread should be titled "What I hate about zombie movies/shows" because there are tons of stuff that implies. Ever seen the 80's "Return of the Living Dead?"

I have seen all the night of the living dead and series movies as well as the Return of the Dead spinoffs. I actually kind of liked a couple of them. THe Return of the living dead seemed to try to throw more wild card comedy into it.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Yes, a hate thread. No different than any other hate thread. I'm just trying to find out what elements in the Walking Dead incur such hate, that aren't found in other zombie-type shows. I have a pretty comprehensive collection of zombie movies, from "Night of the Living" to "Zombies Vs Cockneys," so this is a subject I'm interested in finding out about. My personal "worst" of anything zombie related is "World War Z." Brooks should have sued over that crappy piece.... as compared to how great the book was.
    brooks approved that "movie"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I gave up second season (Netflix) right before they found the girl that ran off in the barn. (as a walker) This was soon after what's his face shot the farm worker in the leg to bait the zombies so he could get back to the farm house with medical supplies from the school to save somebody from the original party who was really sick/injured requiring multiple transfusions. (I dont have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun YOU).

I got tired of every last episode being a damn cliffhanger. It was tiring. I didn't mind it otherwise. Up to that point it was a decent show.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The going to check out a random van that they don't even know what's in it or why they are checking it, with 200 zombies at either end of the bridge, walking towards the van and they go look in it. And they dont have guns. Oh guess what. Nothing is in it. Now we have to ride this van off the side of the bridge. Because we probably won't get hurt!

there are infinitely more stupid moves that they do every episode that there is no way all of them are that lucky to constantly survive all their dumb situations.

The dialogue is the worst part of the show though. It's just indescribably horrible, dramatic and forced.

BTW, all of this has already been discussed ad nauseam in the other thread I linked to above.

I sure am glad we have a separate thread for those that hate the show, so they can rehash the same stuff already said by those that like the show.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside

Yes. I've seen all those movies. And they are 100000xs better. No stupid forced drama dialogs etc. Since someone brought up world war z.. They weren't zombies in that movie. At all. That trailer that was posted earlier sums up the series pretty well

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes. I've seen all those movies. And they are 100000xs better. No stupid forced drama dialogs etc. Since someone brought up world war z.. They weren't zombies in that movie. At all. That trailer that was posted earlier sums up the series pretty well

I meant to address this earlier, but, I think perhaps you aren't paying attention as well as you should. You made reference to the "random" van on the bridge. That van had the same markings that the vehicle that took Beth. They investigated the van to see it could give them a better lead as to her location. I will admit, the falling van was a bonehead move, but it's a TV SHOW, a thing that rarely mimics real life.
    You know what's boneheaded?.... the fact that zombies that can't walk faster than stumbling walk taking over the entire world.... and yet most in the genre exhibit those kinds of zombies. I can see the first few days when people don't know the bites are dangerous, or if you die you turn, but in a week or 2 how could anybody but the borderline retarded ever end up dinner, let alone bitten?

Ever seen Dawn of the Dead (the original)? They tried to play that up as serious.... as did all of Romero's films, how does a bunch of outlaw bikers ransacking a mall and fighting zombies NOT qualify as ridiculous? And yet, it's a must have for zombie film aficianados.

I think you're being way too hard on TWD, especially when you compare it to other films within the genre.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Just watched them drive a van.. And then swerving, the radiator blowing and them slamming into a parked car. They said they made it 15 miles from the church they started at. Like seriously? They couldn't not wreck it? And yes. That van had the same markings, Same as almost every other vehicle that was in that area. A cross on the window.

And the mall and bikers, that's way more plausible than everyone besides "the group" being psychotic, murdering, raping, and human eating monsters. They have come across.. What, 5 other groups like that? And this group is supposedly the only one who isn't doing the same **** as everyone else in the world? Come on. I keep on having to force myself watch this show. And I'm wanting to like it so much. But it licks donkey sack.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just watched them drive a van.. And then swerving, the radiator blowing and them slamming into a parked car. They said they made it 15 miles from the church they started at. Like seriously? They couldn't not wreck it? And yes. That van had the same markings, Same as almost every other vehicle that was in that area. A cross on the window.

And the mall and bikers, that's way more plausible than everyone besides "the group" being psychotic, murdering, raping, and human eating monsters. They have come across.. What, 5 other groups like that? And this group is supposedly the only one who isn't doing the same **** as everyone else in the world? Come on. I keep on having to force myself watch this show. And I'm wanting to like it so much. But it licks donkey sack.

Ok, to each their own. Read the comic it's excellent and way more realistic.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    480587_10200221435125446_1556217782_n.jpg

Poncho53

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Hammond
    I like the show but agree that this last season seemed very drawn out and filled with an over abundance of bad decisions that were clearly scripted.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I didn't read the rest of the thread but I just wanted to say I like "The Walking Dead" and haven't missed an episode.
    Great show.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    at fist i thought i was not going to like the show. Seemed like a rip off of 28 days later ( the beginning with rick in the hospital) and then the Night of the living dead type zombies ( slow, eat flesh, have to shot in the head)

Great show though.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I didn't click on this the last several times I saw it, assuming it was another thread of people who, for some reason, can look past the terrible dialogue, awful acting, repetitive plotlines, poor CGI, and general un-goodness of the show and STILL like it after this long.

Glad I looked.

Top Bottom