• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Not sure if this is in the right place and exactly how many "fans" there are of the AMC series Walking Dead, I know there have been a few threads and reminders about it but anyway for research for writing notes I DVR and watch the show when I have time.

In my opinion a DVR is a great research and learning tool, well or can be..

Shows like How's it Made are a big interest to some in my home as well..

Anyway, I drift, in my opinion the writers have put the groups two leading co-stars at odds against each other in a power struggle for the "style" if you will, of the offensive "attitude" and position the group will have on many key survival issues..

Anyway, It was a sort of situation where one finds themselves asking one about a core ideal..

Are you more offensive, shoot first ask questions later person like in my opinion the Shane character is or like the more collected, thinker style of Rick?

Just curious..

Hope you are all well,

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the world was ever to go down the toilet like in TWD, I'd imagine that shoot first, and then say "opps" afterwards would be the way to go.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    It's hard to say. I would think I'd be more like Rick. I would have just put a bullet in his head when his leg was impailed though IMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Look, think, shoot but double tap. If it was my butt on the line and defended the weaker folks there would be a lot of shooting but that is just me.

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    going from this track of thought. killing zombies on sight as quickly as possible most definitely. Killing other people unless they were shooting at me, I would have to think about it. afterall we don't really know how many people are left alive.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    It would depend most on the kind of threat, and how identifiable it is.

Incidentally, I've been looking for an excuse to show this to everyone. Happened to be watching How I Met Your Mother.....
    6523215127_7fc508f1f1_o.jpg

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I have had a lot of facepalm moments watching this series.

I wouldnt want to kill the living unnecessarialy, but if they were out to get me, then they would have to go. You couldnt trust anyone just because they were "alive". I would have put the kid out of his misery myself.

The folks dont seem to have enough situational awareness.

Also, what with all the abandoned vehicles around, they would have upgraded their rides. There has to be some APCs around.

Everyone needs to be trained and armed at all times, and never go off alone.

There has to be more farms around that can be secured also...what makes THAT farm so special? I mean "NO guns on my farm" would have been enough to have sent me packing for crying out loud.

I am sure there are lots of folks on INGO who would have seized the farm from the farmer though.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I think the guy (impaled leg guy) really wants to defect to a better group of people. I would let the group vote yes or no, but I wouldn't execute him either way. The time to kill him has come and gone. All they had to do was leave him stuck to that fence and let the ghouls have at him. When they saved him, they owed it to themselves to give him a fighting chance to survive.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    We watch Talking Dead too and the comment was made in one of the last two shows that writing this series is no different from writing a soap opera. That puts it all in perspective for me.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I think the guy (impaled leg guy) really wants to defect to a better group of people. I would let the group vote yes or no, but I wouldn't execute him either way. The time to kill him has come and gone. All they had to do was leave him stuck to that fence and let the ghouls have at him. When they saved him, they owed it to themselves to give him a fighting chance to survive.

I agree, They used medical supplies that are not readily available on him, put his butt to work......He owes them for his life!

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    I was a fan of the walking dead but it seems to be turning into a soap opera. The last couple of the episodes I have caught myself losing interest and leaving to go do other things. As the as the kid they rescued, Rick went through the trouble of rescuing him, the old man went through the trouble of fixing him. They out to at least give him a chance in the group. Not trust him with a gun yet, just see how he mixes in.
    The old man I don't get, his family says he has no knowledge of guns and he does not want them carrying guns on his land. Yet when they hand him a pistol he lands head shots on moving zombies at 20-30 feet with an unfamiliar firearm. Something is definitely up there. Old veteran maybe?

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I need to set the DVR for talking dead. I've watched a couple of them but I'm normally pushing it staying up to watch the show.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    neither Shane nor Rick are 100% right of course. but i would have to say despite Shanes crazyness with Ricks Wife, he seems to think more like i would. Rick is all over the place emotionally and isnt really logical. "a nice guy" sure, but doesnt appear to be a leader really at this point.

jake

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I watched the whole first season one night when I visited my mom's. It started out alright, then just turned into a soap opera for men with a few zombies thrown in every once in a while for action.

nmcampbe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Central IN
    I love my revolvers but man don't you think Rick would want a little more capacity heading into unknown places? Yes it is a Drama show and a little too much drama for me at times but I still enjoy it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Once a series has any kind of following or ratings the writers start wondering into the human side of the story and then they totally loose context with sub plots and relationships etc. Then political correctness kicks in and the whole thing gets lost.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Shane is a bit hot headed. If he is such a bad *ss, why couldn't he kill the little girl zombie that rumbled out of the barn? Everyone stood around stunned AND Rick put a bullet in her! That is what a leader does (yes, he is a bit whiney).

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Concerning it being a "soap opera"
    The writer of the comic states very early on that the comic isn't so much about zombies and gore, nor is it really about the TEOTW as much as it's about how the characters grow and change in the scenes.
    That's for what's worth I've noted it's a bit a soap opera lately myself.

Top Bottom