Walked into the bathroom tonight, and found my 3 year old...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    They have been working on it at pre-school, so perhaps she was really proud that she finally has it down (had a few mumbled words around "indivisible"). She's been insisting on being the one that prays before our meals too "all by herself."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    "I pwedge awwegience, to the fwag, of the United States of Amewica
    And to the wepubwic, for which it stands, one nation, under God
    Indivisibuw, with wibewty and justice for aww."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They have been working on it at pre-school, so perhaps she was really proud that she finally has it down (had a few mumbled words around "indivisible"). She's been insisting on being the one that prays before our meals too "all by herself."

We understand if it comes out 'invisible'! :):

Give that excellent munchkin an extra hug for me!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You'd better take that little girl out for an ice cream or other treat, then maybe if you think she's been extra good, a trip to the shooting range.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Nothing in the world compares to moments like this as a parent. They are what carry you through when the rudest client, most aggressive tailgater, or glock-hater try to screw up your Zen. Mine's 18 now, and still remains my "happy thought" because of the warm fuzzy yours gave you this morning. Here's to the kids!

MikeOrtiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    East Chicago
    Yeah I have to agree about the public school system. They do not want to recite it around here because of two words, Under God.
    I respect other cultures and religions, but you are messing with my religion and my culture when you change something that is a part of American Heritage.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    My son is in kindergarten at a public school and they say the POA too. I get the feeling more schools still say it than one might think.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Don't worry, a public school education will erase any vestiges of patriotism.
    When will that happen, during the convocation being put on Wednesday by my school's military history club commemorating Veterans Day, with an open invitation to any local veteran that would like to come and be recognized? Or during every morning for the past 14 years (in 3 school districts in 2 states) that I've stood with my students and recited the pledge? Or during the welcome home celebrations given to two of my colleagues after returning from overseas deployments? That broad brush splashed some paint on a spot not needing coverage.

to the OP, awesome thing to witness, I'm sure.

Top Bottom