• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Interesting. I have yet to have a problem with OC at my local Walgreens. Well, except for the one MWAG call when I was standing outside at the Redbox DVD thinking about what to rent.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I really hope he wins, and huge, maybe then they would let the employees who have a permit carry.

Suspect the reason they (Walgreens and just about any other biz) does not let their employees carry is more due to insuranace (ie. customer falls on wet floor in store, employee is hurt on the job, etc. that type of insurance) then not believing in self-defense.

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    A friend of mine was fired from a convenience store for jumping over the counter and beating down a robber. Of course he only did it because after he gave the guy the money the robber shot him any way. He said that "that pissed him off so I jumped over the counter and beat his @ss"

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Suspect the reason they (Walgreens and just about any other biz) does not let their employees carry is more due to insuranace (ie. customer falls on wet floor in store, employee is hurt on the job, etc. that type of insurance) then not believing in self-defense.

Jedi, I know exactly why Walgreen's doesn't let employees carry. Simply put, lawsuits from being shot while unarmed working at a store only pay about 1/8 the amount of what an employee shooting a customer cost. Even being killed while working at a store is only going to pay out a few hundred thousand, maybe a million with a great lawyer (the stories that make national attention are few and far between, and even then companies don't generally pay out till the family is in dire need of money and take a lower settlement just because they need the cash, they like to stall for a better deal). While a customer being accidentally killed by an employee with a gun is gonna pay out in the high teens in millions. Do not ask me how I found this out, I will not tell you what lawyer I was discussing this with.

When looking at store policies, follow the money.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I really hope he wins, and huge, maybe then they would let the employees who have a permit carry.

Jedi, I know exactly why Walgreen's doesn't let employees carry. Simply put, lawsuits from being shot while unarmed working at a store only pay about 1/8 the amount of what an employee shooting a customer cost. Even being killed while working at a store is only going to pay out a few hundred thousand, maybe a million with a great lawyer (the stories that make national attention are few and far between, and even then companies don't generally pay out till the family is in dire need of money and take a lower settlement just because they need the cash, they like to stall for a better deal). While a customer being accidentally killed by an employee with a gun is gonna pay out in the high teens in millions. Do not ask me how I found this out, I will not tell you what lawyer I was discussing this with.

When looking at store policies, follow the money.

thanks & see it does prove my point.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The guy is a pharmacist! Geez. Who in heck wouldn't want to have a gun while working in their pharmacy. I think he did the right thing. He chose to defend his life over dying for the store. I won't be using Walgreens either.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Can someone help me understand the video.
    I pharmacist comes to the counter, the BG sees him and jumps over the counter (leaving behind the other employee that he had), then begins to shoot the pharmacist who returns fire and is calling (:dunno: 9-1-1 probably)?

BG runs back to the front of the store and out the store with BG2. But what the heck was the employee (who had his hands up) running towards the front of the store for? Also what did he pick up along the way seems like it was kicked how the aisle?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    BG runs back to the front of the store and out the store with BG2. But what the heck was the employee (who had his hands up) running towards the front of the store for? Also what did he pick up along the way seems like it was kicked how the aisle?

According to the Today show clip, the employee was picking up a gun dropped by one of the BGs.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I hope he sues them into bankruptcy.

Eventually businesses need to learn that when they take away a person's ability or Right to defend themselves that they assume FULL responsibility for those peoples safety. If the store won't take on that responsibility then they need TO PAY DEARLY.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    The robber pulled the trigger three times? The robber effectively tried to kill the pharmacist three times. Thank God the gun malfunctioned. Each click must have felt like thunder. The pharmacist had three really good reasons for returning fire.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    O'Reilly discussed this on Fox last night. He promises a follow up next week after asking his panel to contact the CEO of Walgreens.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The robber pulled the trigger three times? The robber effectively tried to kill the pharmacist three times. Thank God the gun malfunctioned. Each click must have felt like thunder. The pharmacist had three really good reasons for returning fire.

Anyone know what type of gun the BG had? Why did it not work?

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I used to work for Walgreens and all I can say is they care for their employees about as much as Enron did.

Top Bottom