• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    When I buy a grain mill it will be this one.

The Country Living Grain Mill is the best known, most popular choice for a hand cranked (yet able to be motorized) grain mill. It has proven itself to be reliable and able to produce good quality flour. You won't go wrong choosing this one.

For me though, the $429 price tag is too high for what you get. The are competitors making just as good (I believe even slightly better) grain mills for nearly half that cost. Just my :twocents:.

But hey, if you've got the money and want the proven reliability, you are getting one heck of a mill.

Last edited:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    If you want wheat cheap I got mine from a local feed store. It was being sold as animal feed. What this means is that it was not cleaned but also not treated. Basically it was taken straight from the field and bagged. It was $5.45 when the mormons were selling it for around $10. Granted the mormons triple clean theirs. Feed store wheat has to be winnowed then washed and dried. I am in Fort Wayne and get mine from Milan feed and Seed. I have a family grain mill. The kids have fun taking turns and while the power is on I have an attchment for my Kitchenaid.

WR, so the feed wheat at Milan is with out pesticides? That was my only concern with feed wheat. I picked up 3 gallons of molasses from them last year to pour over salt blocks in the summer next to my trail cam.

What family grain mill do you have? It can be cranked or attached to the kitchenaid?

I will have stop back over there.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    WR,
    What family grain mill do you have? It can be cranked or attached to the kitchenaid?

I will have stop back over there.

Family Grain Mill Jupiter Grain Kitchen Aid Wheat Grinder Flour

The Family Grain Mill (that's it's name) was made to be attached to the Bosch kitchen appliance. It has a lot of attachments and can be hand cranked or, with another base, motorized. It makes decent flour and isn't a bad value. However I was a little concerned about all the plastic, since I have mine for Schumer HTF time as well. I have never used one, so I don't know if that is a valid concern or not.

Muddy Fork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    We've going to make them have to keep more of a stock at that Walmart. I bought the only bag they had.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    I noticed the New Castle Wal Mart had a bag of Hard Red Winter Wheat on their shelves. It was with the flour and such, IIRC.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hey the Milan wheat I got I was told was straight from the field no treatment. Trust me at that price you got a little dirt and straw a few corn Kernels and some compressed feed pellets. I ground alot just to try some primitive bread recipes with yeast salt water and the flour to no ill effects for any who tried it and they all knew where it came from. It was great with a little butter or honey.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    If anyone knows of a Walmart in our state that has a selection like this please share

Top Bottom