• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That individual that kept yelling you are Nazis, would not have been awake to see the finish of the fight. Also just wondering what does the JBT community think of the Asp vs. Pr24?

Collapsible baton: Easy to carry, always on your belt, won't forget in your car, but not nearly as much force. Weighted improperly, with the weight toward the handle. If you're bigger or your technique is good you can do some work with it, but not as much work (force) as you could with a wooden or composite stick of PR24 length.

Straight stick/PR24: Have to grab it as you get out of the car. Does more work.

It some ways it turns into the ".38 in your pocket vs the rifle in your closet" argument. If you've got it, its better. If you don't, its useless.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    ...Which brings us back to the drug question. What was Mom doing in that bathroom that required guarding? Of course, that could bring us back to the brain wash question or just creepy family culture. Who knows? I hope they drug tested them anyway, when they brough them in. Certainly their behavior would give probable cause, if it were even needed after all that.

Wow, sad situation. Very sad. In my humble opinion, the officers showed an incredible amount of restraint, clearly not wanting this to get to a deadly situation, if they could help it.

While it was totally inappropriate to block Walmart's public restroom, we don't know their "reasoning". It could have been as simple as that she was changing her clothes and washing up in there, and they didn't want anyone to know. Supposedly the family was living in the Suburban.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    LiveLeak-dot-com-56e_1428723854-bunch-of-Gavers_1428723864.jpg

They don't look too worse for wear. Was anybody getting pepper sprayed?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    While it was totally inappropriate to block Walmart's public restroom, we don't know their "reasoning". It could have been as simple as that she was changing her clothes and washing up in there, and they didn't want anyone to know. Supposedly the family was living in the Suburban.

So, that means they get to shove employees around and stake a claim to a public bathroom?

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I watched this in its entirety yesterday and then came here to see if there was a thread about it yet but there was not then. I was amazed at the chaos there, officers definately had an insanely hard to handle scene. I feel for the officers for sure in this mess, glad it ended as well as it did.

The big guy in the brown shirt I think it was, man can he take some punishment or what? I was truly amazed he did not feet shot when approaching the downed officer there towards the end. I noticed the downed officer reloading/checking his pistol while he was being worked on by the other officer and then later on he and that officer both were ready to shoot him. Would definately have been inside my comfort zone were I on the ground already shot!

I believe it was said the wal-mart employee suffered a broken arm in the early coverage of this event. Not sure if that was true, but it was mentioned early. Good on him to help out, hope he came out of this okay too as many LP employees are let go for going hands on. Shoot, at Best Buy you'll get fired if you exit the building to get a vehicle ID let alone assist cops in a fight!

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    So, that means they get to shove employees around and stake a claim to a public bathroom?

I absolutely did not say that. I was merely responding to the idea that the "blocked" restroom meant they were doing drugs. Of course they were wrong to even suggest the restroom use would be exclusive, let alone become physical with someone.

Dale1320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Brownsburg
    That was insane! I will never understand why people have such a hard time following orders and then think it would be a good idea physically fight law enforcement! Great job by those officers for showing restraint and not shooting all of them when they started attacking the officers.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    What a rumble. I can't help noticing that at those points where deadly force was in order but backdrop was a problem, having and being able to access a knife would have been very useful. Messy, but useful.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It depends. If I need help, I'm not going to care where it comes from just don't insert yourself in something needlessly. Just ask, "Do you need help?" "Do you need a hand?" If it's bad enough, just jump in, if you can do so safely. It wouldn't hurt to yell at the suspect, "Get off the officer." "Stop resisting the officer." Etc, as you are jumping in to help. That will announce your intentions pretty well.

I was wondering the same thing. I think a lot of us aren't looking to interfere, but would assist in the right situation. The last any of us would want would be to become mistake for one of the "bad guys" and wind up shot, tased, or otherwise injured as a result. I'd have a hard time watching anyone get a beat down like that, but sometimes its tough to tell the good guys from the bad guys. In this case it was pretty clear who the "good guys" were in terms of the uniformed officers.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Anymore info on the injured officer? Was it from the shot fired at his attacker? Looks like the other officer immediately started rendering aid to him and may have either used his own, or the wounded officers "Blow out" kit. Looks like a triangular bandage and maybe even a belt used as a tourniquet.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It depends. If I need help, I'm not going to care where it comes from just don't insert yourself in something needlessly. Just ask, "Do you need help?" "Do you need a hand?" If it's bad enough, just [STRIKE]jump in[/STRIKE] Start Shooting, if you can do so safely. It wouldn't hurt to yell at the suspect, "Get The **** off the officer." "Stop ****ing resisting the officer, *******." Etc, as you are [STRIKE]jumping in[/STRIKE] Shooting to help. That will announce your intentions pretty well.

FIFY :):

So does anyone else here feel bad for that poor Suburban. :(

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Anymore info on the injured officer? Was it from the shot fired at his attacker? Looks like the other officer immediately started rendering aid to him and may have either used his own, or the wounded officers "Blow out" kit. Looks like a triangular bandage and maybe even a belt used as a tourniquet.

According to the Chief in the press conference video, the officer in the video is at home, still in pain, but at home. The officer who tended to him had previously been a firefighter/paramedic. It did look to me like a big triangular bandage had been used.

Top Bottom