• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Went there before dinner and picked up some 22 bulk (1 box limit) and four boxes of 40S&W. They have a lot of everything but .380 and 9mm. Guy told me they get two 100 count boxes a month of .380.

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kinda along the same lines but at the Avon Wal-Mart on 36. They had a ton of .40sw and a ton of 223 bulk packs.

Avon Meijer on 36 also had a ton of 40sw.

No 45 though I bought the only box the two stores had... :(

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    The beginning of this year I decided to switch over to 40's

Lets see, that ones a 40 and that ones a 40 and that ones a 40; oh yea, that last one's a 40 too. Sure glad I switched over to 40S&W for my carry guns. :D Its about time I made the right decision. Seems like 40 is all over the place and is becoming what the 9mm used to be a year or two ago.

My_40S_W.jpg

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    +1 to the .40 It's been my choice for a long time and seems to be the only ammo readily and regularly avail. I am an owner operator in a long haul operation, so I get to shop for ammo all over the country and the .40 was hard to find for a few weeks, but the first to come back around and still all you can find most places.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Guess we both made the right choice

+1 to the .40 It's been my choice for a long time and seems to be the only ammo readily and regularly avail. I am an owner operator in a long haul operation, so I get to shop for ammo all over the country and the .40 was hard to find for a few weeks, but the first to come back around and still all you can find most places.

A year ago I had everything from .22 up to 45LC but did not own a 40S&W. I had one 9mm and when I decided to consolidate to a couple cal. I almost went with 9mm but didn't really care for the gun I had so sold it and had a clean slate. I kept a couple .357mags, my 1911 45, all my .22's and a little 25 I always liked and sold everything else. I think I got rid of 13 handguns and ended up buying four replacements, all in 40.

I chose 40 because a lot of the LEO's were going in that direction so I figured it must have something over the 9mm. It is almost impossible to find 9mm today but like you said there is 40 all over the place at a decent price. Picked up four boxes this evening at less than $14 a box. I had a 44mag and I shutter to think what I paid for them. The 40 is a decent round and will do the job which is all that counts. :draw:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Your right, it's been answered. The main reason is that 9mm and .380 are run on the same machines/dies ( correct me if I'm wrong ). 9 mm is far more popular so is therefore made more frequently. Ammo makers only occasionally change over to .380 so production becomes limited.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Funny last week before I went to Michigan on hunting trip I stopped by, and salesman said limit had been lifted, buy all I want to?!?

UPDATE 24 Nov 09:

Went into same store yesterday around 10 AM, Sporting Goods Manager Ms. Carey" said limits were still on for some hard to get ammo, and six box limit for all others, Plenty of .40 Federal by the way.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom